Lynxmotion Quadrino Nano - UAV / Drones Flight Controller

@Dialfonzo

My complete profile is on page 13 of this thread.

We are looking at it right now, it does seems like the “#define MEGA_HW_PWM_SERVOS”[font=Monaco, Courier New, monospace][size=4][highlight=#fafafa] [/highlight][/size][/font]is defined which is not good.
Not sure why this came back but our team is looking at it now.

We will also add a new feature to the FCT. An Advanced FLASH option which will allow users to take a “config.h” config file from our support team to load.
This will allow for custom flash of fix that can’t be done in the FCT at the moment.

Hi Eric,
PCB has arrived. Bluetooth and harnesses too.

Reflashed Nano - servo not working. It seems that is problem with PWM commented command.

How to connect DFRobot bluetooth to Nano - how to insert harness? Found how to connect to Nano but not cable order on bluetooth.

We do not see any advanced wiring kit on your order. Can you show us how you are connecting the servo as well as any additional devices? A few clear photos would help.
The Bluetooth module requires connection to the serial port (Tx to Rx, Rx to Tx, 5V and GND). This is best if you have the appropriate cable / connector.

[size=1][font=Verdana]Hi Eric,

Managed to connect Bluetooth and to get it working.

Regarding Nano also managed to get it working (servo) via Arduino.

What is needed to be repaired in FCT is[/font] [highlight=#fafafa][font=Monaco, Courier New, monospace]#define MEGA_HW_PWM_SERVOS [/font][font=Verdana]- it needs to be like this:[/font] [/highlight][font=Monaco, Courier New, monospace][highlight=#ff0000]//[/highlight][/font][font=Monaco, Courier New, monospace][highlight=#ff0000]#define MEGA_HW_PWM_SERVOS[/highlight][/font][font=Monaco, Courier New, monospace][highlight=#fafafa]. [/highlight][/font][highlight=#fafafa][font=Verdana]Then servo will work in Tricopter configuration. Until this is repaired I will need to use Arduino.[/font][/highlight]
[font=Verdana][/font]
[font=Verdana]All the best and thx in advance,[/font]
[font=Verdana][/font]
[font=Verdana]Josip[/font]
[/size][font=Monaco, Courier New, monospace][size=4][highlight=#fafafa]
[/highlight][/size][/font]

Hi Lynxmotion,

Do you have estimated release date of [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=1][highlight=#ffffff]Lynxmotion UAV - WinGUI User Guide V1.0.pdf (Coming Soon)?[/highlight][/size][/font]

We hope to release it in a few weeks. We apologize for the delay.

Sorry for the long wait but the line of code is now fixed.
We added a work-around to the FCT in the last update as well which will allow us to flash a config.h file that was not setup from the FCT but using the FCT.

This is done by holding the “Alt” keyboard button while clicking the “Flash” button in the FCT. This will greatly help troubleshoot as we will be able to modify manually a config.h file here and send it to customer for testing.

:slight_smile:

Hi all,

Can somebody from Lynxmotion provide me with blueprint (PDF, so I can print 1:1) of foam sticker that is underneath of Quadrino nano. I need to make plastic standoff that looks like that foam sticker. Because of rebuilding my tri I needed to add a lot of custom foam sticker and now my tri is very nervous and jumpy (PIDs unchanged). I believe that is the problem.

Best,

Joe

First thing to do would be to activate the “filter” in the FCT prior to physically isolate the flight controller.
In the FCT / Options / Filters you will have the option and default is set to “98Hz” but you can change it.

We attached the shape in PDF as well… :wink:
Lynxmotion Quadrino Nano - Foam Sticker (05-10-2015).pdf (5.78 KB)

Thanks Eric,

That was fast. Will try with filter. And thanks for blueprint.

No problem, let us know if you still have issues. :wink:

Hi All,

Today we released another tutorial for our Quadrino Nano. This one talk about wireless communication. (Bluetooth / 3DR Radio)

Lynxmotion Quadrino Nano – Wireless Communication

Thanks…!!

Eric Nantel - DiaLFonZo

Hi,
I need to update all of you that I have managed to have successful RTH and position hold. It was calm day and Nano managed to do Pos Hold in circle of 50cm to 1m diameter. Similar accuracy was for RTH. But I am not sure if altitude was accurate (in my opinion it was 3-4 meters lower than prescribed 10 meters) .This weekend I’ll try waypoints. I need also to point out that Bluetooth module is great and that helps a lot on the field for preflight check and tuning.

My next project is too pair Nano with Micro MinimOSD. I would need some help for pairing or info if this is compatible with Nano. I have seen on Micro MinimOSD that it supports Multiwii. Any thoughts? Do you have any ideas what functions I’ll get access to with Nano and Micro Minim OSD combo?
I use 4S bateery.

Web for Micro Minim OSD:
firmware: mwosd.com/
OSD: readytoflyquads.com/micro-minimosd

P.S. I have applied filter on gyro and now is flying OK. I need to further increase PIDs for BARO.

Connecting the MinimOSD should be simple, it’s a serial connection between the board and the Quadrino Nano.
Use an available Serial port on the Nano.

To refresh topic a little bit (Tricopter Flying):

Very nice video, how is it in FPV ?

I find FPV little bit difficult. Personaly I enjoy seeing how aircraft moves in the air. And the graphics inside google isn’t that good. Will continuentonfly LOS.

Tried this weekend to test again RTH and POS hold and it didn’t work. Tri tried to go away with some crazy maneuvers. I have not changed any setting form last successful try. Four times in a row with no sucessful RTH or POS hold. I had 10-11 sats and 3D fix. I really do not know how to make it work reliably.

How about the forecast, was it a day without wind. A similar day compare to the first try ?
We are asking cause PID are involved here and if the copter have to fight it will change it’s behavior.