Lynxmotion Phoenix 3DOF Hexapod Robot Kit (BotBoarduino)

I’ve switched from option number 2 as per diagram you sent to option number 1 which got the one leg moving result… still not connecting to hexapod calibration software for some reason though…

I don’t think there is any firmware installed my the 32u board…and this could be the problem… how do I get it?

No, it’s highly unlikely there is a firmware issue on the SSC-32U. DO NOT update the firmware on the SSC-32U. If you’re using Lynxterm, you need to modify the Setup (just under COM) to ensure it’s communicating with the board at the right baud rate etc. That likely explains the jibberish you’re seeing on screen. Indeed Lynxterm can be used to calibrate the servos instead of the Hexpod program.

1 Like

115200 is what the com port is set to in the device manager for pc and that is the same bitrate under setup for the lunx ssc 32… There is a red and green led showing on the 332u board which I think i saw somewhere is Baud 115200. When I read your post I got excited that could be the answer… Could the baud rate be different on the board?

sorry for the typos in my reply… should I change the baud rate I wonder…

Tried different Baud and same Jibberish… The Lynxmotion ssc32u gives instructions how to change the baud… it says by the way that the board is shipped… at 9600 baud but it has always been at 115200. I never changed it till now… but it make no difference… still jibberish.

Actually it does do a slightly different type of jibberish based in the baud… the led’s on the botboard by the A B C buttons are all flashing three lights red green and yellow… that seems to never change…

Eric Nantel says in the Botboarduino wiki…

The image above illustrates the shorting bar jumpers (the black rectangles) as they are on the board as it is shipped. The jumpers are used to set operating parameters for the board. It should not be assumed that they are correct for your project as changes are likely to be required. Please consult the tutorial for your project for the proper shorting bar jumper positions.

I just need someone at your end to tell me the exact jumper and wiring configuation for my set up… Not just provide links and wish me the best… nothing personal to anyone… you are good folks trying hard to do your job… tx