Lynxmotion - Hunter VTail 400 & 500

Eric, yeah that guys looks nice. I have a Naza M V2 board already to setup on something like this or maybe a hex frame you guys come up with. I am in no rush, I have the Hunter V-Tail to put together and a couple new fix wing plane platforms I am building out

Proud man today…
Thanks all, because i would not be where i am without people supporting me. :blush:

Hi i am thinking of buying a vtail 400 but do not know what motor size is needed.

any help would be appreciated. i have a set of 1200kv 2812 rc timers would these be any good?

Thanks

Did you happen to ask me over the support center a minute ago…?
As i replied to that ticket, anything with on overall diameter less than 30mm will fit the frame.

I don’t find any information about those 2212 1200kv RCtimer but they might be just right.
For 8" prop and 3s LiPo.

Eric

Gratz on the nice big Ad in Servo, I saw that - anyway loved the build of the frame, love how solid it feels and it really is nice for electronic layout. I hope your coming out with covers for the 500, I also hope you sell them together and each piece separate. I will likely get 2 of the main cockpit, one I would cut out a section for the cam for when I want to FPV. Also very much looking forward to future frames

So I have been doing things with robots - 2 leg humanoid, 4 & 6 leg walkers and wheeled 4x4 and 6x6. I started my adventure into building an arducopter in June last year and have been addicted to all things flying RC. I got some different shot of my work area, which I have trouble keep clean and I get yelled at for getting too much stuff to put in there.

Worse part of this, I have some other stuff here and there not showing up in the pics

Like me, you like too many things… :wink:
I have helicopters and planes too at home.

We have a demo 500 canopy on order to test fit to an actual frame, once we are happy we will release it … !

In the pictures I count about 8 copters and 8 planes, though I’m certain there’s more which is not showing up.

Props are online… :wink:
They will also be online on Lynxmotion soon.

robotshop.com/en/catalogsear … t&dir=desc

here they are…
lynxmotion.com/c-173-propellers.aspx

Hi,

I’m planning to buy a VTail 500. However, I did not find exact info, on what size of brushless motors to buy for it?

I have seen in a previous answer that all brushless motor under 30mm of diameter is good?
What about height?

Thanks for your help!

Your right, i have not give any height information…
The hole in the top arm is 30mm and there are two 1.5mm plates sandwitch between 0.5" standoffs.
So the motor has to be more than 18mm if you don’t want the prop to hit the frame. (Attached picture)

We will list motors that we have tested here very soon, waiting on actual parts to arrive since we have them modified for plug&play.

Cool! Thank You

Ohh, one more thing.
I don’t really have experience with this. I have 20A ESCs. What speed of brushless motors are good for the VTail 500, and this ESC? 980KV is enough in speed, or should I look for something about 1500KV or 2000KV, or more?

Thank You

The KV rating and battery used will have to be look together as well as prop dimension.
Most people are running on 3s LiPo batteries, in that case i would recommend a motor of around 900kv with 10" propellers.

You have to use some high speed ESC’s for multicopter unless you might not be able to fly.

If you give me the model i can help… :wink:

We are on the very edge of releasing complete kits… :wink:

So I just wanted to say how ya’ll doing. I just ordered my Vtail 500. I can’t begin to say how excited I am! I also need to mention I don’t need another awesome thing to play with…I guess I can cancel my cable TV since I don’t think I’ll have any more time to watch it. I’m completely new to the RC and flying stuff. Not new at all the robotics, electronics, or arduino. Actually came here looking for a linear axis rail and stumbled across your Vtail…I’ve learned all I can from this and other groups. I’m not going to ask a ton of noob questions, even though I have them. I’ll just patiently wait you packaged parts for the Hunter Vtail, order it and then go from there. I just wanted to share in the excitement…

I love this. its the best thing iv heard all day. made me smile.
I have the 400 VTail and i love it, so im sure you will love the 500. Look farward to hearing your questions and some photos… And if your feeling Razz :mrgreen: maybe a video?

HaHa… yes it’s funny… :wink:

Here is a nice Hack that someone posted about this weekend on RCgroups.
Just want to share… :slight_smile:

rcgroups.com/forums/showpost … count=4584

hi
I live in South Korea
Nice to meet you :smiley:

i Want
Hunter VTail 400 QuadCopter Combo Kit ?
Hunter VTail 400 QuadCopter (Pk.B + FLIP) + remote control set +Etc.
Full kit
Assembling the kit
is flying ?

i cannot pin point on the exact things you want as your shopping list is not very specific but here is a link to the product page. from there i hope you can find what you require.
lynxmotion.com/c-165-uav-drones.aspx

I had put them online to do a test yesterday, and forgot to remove them after…
But they will…

Hi plasmawe,

I think you found my leak… :wink:
They will be available for purchase in the coming days, we are waiting on some custom cables to finish the packages.

It will come in kits, all will have to be assembled.
The Hunter VTail 400 QuadCopter (Pk.B + FLIP) will only require the remote control (TX and RX) and the battery (and charger…)

Eric Nantel - DiaLFonZo