Litter Robot Open Air III issues

Hi guys,

I hope everyone is well. I require your help regarding a problem I’m encountering.

I am having issues with 2 of my litter robot open air III.

1st robot: blue light started blinking after each cycle. We were just resetting. However, today the robot would do a cleaning cycle and never stop rotating. It gets stuck upside down. Blue and yellow light blinking rapidly.

Please see videos below:

2nd robot: won’t cycle. It is blinking red and resetting or restarting it doesn’t work

See below video:

Thank you so much in advance for your help!

Hello @tururera ,

Welcome back to RobotShop community.

We are sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your Litter-Robots.

Please provide us with the order number and the serial number of each robot.

The first thing we have noticed in the videos is that both robots are having too much clean litter so please keep it below the indication circle as shown below then press the “Reset” button and let us know if there’s any change on the robots:

Awaiting your reply.

Sincerely,

1 Like

Hi Ebram,

Thank you so much for your reply. So robot #2 definitely the litter is under the mark.

Robot 1, removed litter but now it is stuck in flashing blue and won’t cycle, reset or anything else. The only thing that “works” is when I switch off the unit or unplug it. Rest of the buttons won’t work.

Serial numbers below

One of them is one of the first robots I purchased (I don’t think it is under warranty, the second is Order #1096617.

Best regards,

Adriana

Hello @tururera,

Thank you for your reply.

Is the old robot the one with the red blinking light or is it the one with the blue blinking light?

Regarding the blue blinking light, please try to clean the 2 green circuit boards and the 2 plastic brackets of the DFI sensor using isopropyl alcohol and a Q-Tip to remove any rust or dust from them.

Here’s a video to help you locate these parts:

As for the red blinking light, this robot will need a new CAT sensor and this video will show you how to replace it:

Lastly, we will need to see pictures of the contact pins on both of these robots to check if they need to be replaced or not:

Awaiting your reply.

Sincerely,

1 Like

Hi Ebram,

Thank you for that. I will try to do this today, get the photos requested and let you know.

The oldest robot is the one blinking blue.

Best regards,

Adriana

Hello @tururera,

Very well, awaiting your reply with the pictures.

Sincerely,

1 Like

Hi Ebram,

Hope you are well. Apologies for the late reply but not even in my wildest dreams I was going to be able to dismantle this robot. My husband arrived yesterday so this is when I got the photos, and cleaned the circuit boards for both robots as instructed.

So for robot #1 (blinking blue)

Robot #2 (blinking red)

Both robots remain the same although robot #1 is cycling (after it goes to the “ready” position continues to blink blue.

Hope this is good enough.

Merry Xmas and stay well.

Adriana

Ebram, just a quick update. The blue blinking robot is now unresponsive. It switches on but none of the buttons work. It is stuck in the upside down position and the yellow light is blinking rapidly. If you disconnect the robot, when you plug it back in the blue light flashes rapidly (as it was when I first contacted you.)

Best regards,

Adriana

Hello @tururera,

For the robot with the red blinking light, it’ll need a new CAT sensor along with the 3 sets of pins.

Cat sensor replacement video:

As for the other robot with the blue blinking light, you will need a new DFI sensor along with the 3 sets of pins as well.

The first robot is under warranty so we will send you its parts for free and we will send the other parts for the 2nd robot along with these parts and you would only have to pay for their cost.

Please provide us with your shipping address and phone number if you wish to proceed.

You can send these details in a private message for more security.

Awaiting your reply.

Sincerely,

1 Like

Hi Ebram,

Thank you so much for your reply.

Yes, please. We are struggling with only 4 robots workinf atm (LOL). How do I pay for the replacement parts? If there is an option for expedited delivery at a fee, i might be willing to pay for it.

My shipping address is:
Calle Hierbabuena 11
Alhaurin el Grande 29120
Malaga
Spain

My mobile is +34655444793

Please let me know how to proceed.

Once again thank you for your time.

Adriana

Hello @tururera,

Very well, we will forward you now to our replacement department to carry on with the process.

You will be contacted shortly via email with further instructions.

Have a lovely evening, stay safe.

Sincerely,

“Merry Christmas and Happy New Year”

And you!

Happy New Year.

Adriana

1 Like

Ebram,

I have a last question for you. The metal pucks that are placed under the rubber have come off. We have tried to put them back but we have been unsuccessful.

Do you have any suggestions on how to fix this? (They’ve come out off all 6 robots)

Best regards,

Adriana

Hello @tururera,

This video will show you how to put the weight disc back into the correct place:

If that didn’t help, the PVC liner will need to be replaced.

Let us know how it goes.

Sincerely,

Hi Ebram,

I do hope you are well. Writing as I have again two robots not working. Not the same as the last time. Both robots are blinking yellow rapidly and are unresponsive to resetting or unplugging/plugging back in.

Do you have any suggestions?

Adriana

Hello @tururera ,

Welcome back to RobotShop community.

We are sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your Litter-Robots.

Please provide us with the serial numbers for these two robots.

We will also need to see the 3 pairs of contact pins shown in the following videos:
Anti-Pinch Pins:

Bonnet’s Pin:

Base’s Pin:

No need to take them out of the robot, we only need to see them from the outside.

Awaiting your reply.

Sincerely,

Hi Ebram,

Please see attached. Let me know if I missed something.

Kitchen. LR

Living Room LR

Hello @tururera ,

According to the pictures, all the pins on both robots will need to be replaced and that should fix the issues.

Please confirm if you wish to order these pins and we will help you place your order.

Awaiting your reply.

Sincerely,

1 Like

Hi Ebram,

Yes, please!

Let me know what you need from me and how do I pay?

Adriana