Litter Robot III Open Air Magnets

That is great news.

Let’s hope it will work for a long time!

I believe it will @igor_X, also the litter robot customer service has been awesome. They have helped me through any issues with the old gen and this recent litter robot. I really love their product and service.

Best,
John H

2 Likes

to add to this (and thanks for getting me on the right track) - i had magnets in correct holes but was having the issues described here. saw this post about swapping the magnets between the two correct slots. i did so - still didn’t fix the issue but the problem was lessened and i could pin point which of the magnets was off - so then i turned that magnet around in the same slot and got it working.

so

a) i don’t think it matters which magnet goes in which slot BUT
b) you do have to slide them in in the correct direction. at first i thought as long as you had them oriented such that they slipped in nicely it would be fine. but in addition to that, they also apparently have to go in a particular front/back direction. i suspect before i saw this post i just had them both facing the wrong way, and then when i swapped slots i corrected one but not the other, and then on my third try i finally got it.
c) it’s really, really insane that litter robot doesn’t have any sort of marker on the magnets or the slots …

2 Likes

Great advice @robertoleonardo :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey everybody! I have answers!!!

I just tried many different ways to place these magnets. I originally had all of them placed the same direction. I got the red -> yellow -> blue flashing lights. With all of the magnets in the other same direction, the litter robot would stop quickly after it turns in the counterclockwise direction to return to the home position. Here is what works

ALL OF THE MAGNETS IN THE SAME DIRECTION… EXCEPT THE MAGNET AT THE VERY BOTTOM.

(The magnet that would sit in the 6 o’clock position if the globe was sitting in the upright position needs to be opposite from all of the other ones)

If your litter robot misses the dump position, and tries to continue turning after the dump position, That top magnet needs to be reversed. Place the other two magnets at the same polarity as that top magnet once you have it in the right direction. Then the very bottom one will be opposite from all of the other ones.

I have spent a lot of time trying to figure this out. I have not read this solution anywhere else, it was just trial and error for me. I wish litter robot would explain this for us on their website.

2 Likes

Thank you for this info :slight_smile:

We agree that it would be good if Litter Robot would give us these information earlier.

1 Like

Can you be more clear about what you mean by the one at 6 o’clock needs to be opposite? Do you mean they need to reject one another?

Ugh I just went through this nightmare. In the end here is what I learned. One end of each of the four magnets was slightly silver. Placing two magnets together “attracted” with the silver at the same end I inserted the silver end into the hole. This places the silver end toward the back of the unit. Once I placed the magnets in this arrangement into the two holes everything worked great. Do not put any magnets in the two holes that are right next to each other. They should remain empty.

1 Like

Thank you for sharing this with us @Ttribe. It is helpful :slight_smile:

1 Like

Here is the proper information for a Litter Robot 3. The poles of the magnets are measured from outside of the globe with the use of any magnet pole detection app on a smartphone.

Top half of globe:

Bottom half of globe:

Notice that the poles of each set of magnets are opposite of one another. If you happen to have either set of magnets incorrect then just rotate that set 180 degrees like a key in a lock and the pole will flip.

6 Likes

Working as charm. Thanks a lot for the explanation. That saved me countless frustrating hours. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oh my goodness, Gargan26, you’ve saved me so much time, frustration, and potentially money. I was at the end of my rope, ready to buy a new Litter Robot just to be done with this mess. Never in a million years would I have guessed the magnet polarity. Thank you so much!

1 Like

I’m glad I could help. :smile:

1 Like

THIS answer was the most helpful! You told me which holes had to have the pole going which direction, and the BIGGEST help was to get a magnet polarization app. I was gonna float the magnets on water or something. There is a app for everything!!!

2 Likes

Anyone looking for magnets, i found the perfect fit at homedepot!! Two of these blocks fit perfectly, good to have a few on hand if they get lost so easily!

3 Likes

Great! Thank you for this tip :slight_smile:

1 Like

There are 2 different quarters that the magnetic go into hope this pic helps ppl

2 Likes

https://whisker.elevio.help/en/articles/233-litter-robot-3-fixing-the-globe-magnets

2 Likes

Found these on Amazon and they fit perfectly if anyone is looking for the magnets.

2 Likes

Perfect, thank you.

1 Like