Liter Robot 3 Not returning to home position

Hi!

I require your help regarding a problem I’m encountering.

When I first start my litter robot it starts cycling and continues cycling in the counterclockwise direction then it starts cycling back and forth in both directions until it suddenly stops entirely and shows that it’s ready with a solid blue light. However it stops and it’s not in home position. It’s facing almost 60 degrees past home position. What could be the cause for this?

Could it possibly be just the wiring harness for the effect sensor? Or is it something more serious. I have verified that the magnets are in the proper position.

The Hall effect sensor looks fine and it’s not broken or anything. I’m just concerned as to what might be causing this problem.

Thank you so much in advance for your help!

1 Like

Hello @Abethebabe and welcome to our forum.

Few questions:

• Are you using original power supply adapter?
  • did you maybe open up globe recently so maybe magnets are lost or moved?
  • is your robot still in warranty?

Thank you.

Hello. Yes I’m using the original ac adapter I believe but I’m not too certain. The home position was missed by a lot but I repaired the magnets and put them back in their trigger positions. The ac adapter meets the appropriate requirements of 5V and 1000 mA

My litter robot is still under warranty, but now the sequence lights are flashing red to blue and still can’t find home position. The litter robot stops in the leveling position. When the litter robot rotates it shifts a bit and I got furniture polish to fix that. It only moves slightly but I don’t think that should be an issue. Now I don’t know if it’s the Hall effect sensors or not. Since I placed the magnets where the Hall effect sensor is and they stop and reverse the motor like it should. Now I’m wondering if this is just a problem caused just by the motor itself and it’s losing power or not able to make the complete rotation back to home position?

Please advise and sorry for the delayed response. I’ve done all the troubleshooting there is besides changing the sensors and the motor itself. I know for sure it can’t be the Hall effect sensors if they’re responding and reversing

Thank you

1 Like

Hope you got the response directly! Thank you

1 Like

Hi @Abethebabe

Thank you for your reply.

You wrote that power supply is 5V and 1000ma. I guess it was typing mistake and you wanted to write 15V?

Also, I hope you returned magnets in the exact same way they were inserted? Misplacing or rotating these could cause detection issue.

In the end, please remove the globe and check the black gear connected to the motor. When you press on the black gear with your finger, does it seem loose or free‐spinning? If so, please follow the instructions for tightening the set screw, here:
https://support-litter-robot.force.com/s/article/Fixing-a-loose-gear-on-your-Litter-Robot

Correct I mean 15 V. Also that step is unnecessarily because my gear is solid and in place. I have verified that the magnets are in the correct position by putting them again the Hall effect sensor until the gear stopped and reversed its direction. I don’t know what could be the other reasoning behind this failure to detect home position

1 Like

Responded again but it didn’t sent to your name

1 Like

Hey @Abethebabe

Please check this post Litter Robot III Open Air Magnets - #28 by jeiben

It explains additionally the positions of the magnets and the rotation.

Please make sure you placed them in correct way.

1 Like

Hey @igor_X

As mentioned I got in touch with the company and they told me to orient the magnets in the direction that reverses the motor when it is placed left of the motor. I did that and troubleshooted that. That should of done the job. Both magnets need the side that reverses the motor facing outwards away from the globe.

This resolved it from going to far from the home position. Not it’s stuck in the leveling position

1 Like

Understood.

Is your robot still in warranty?

If yes, please give us your order ID and a serial number of the robot.

Thank you.

Hello @igor_X

So I have another problem now. Whenever I plug in my power cable the ready light is on and solid, but when I press cycle, empty, or power button it doesn’t respond. It’s stuck on the blue light that says ready. Doesn’t respond to any input whatsoever. Would you possibly know the reason for this or a possible fix?

1 Like

Hello @Abethebabe

What was the last thing you were changing/testing on your LR hardware?

Thank you.

@igor_X

I wasn’t changing or fixing anything. I’ve been shutting it down and only turning it on for a cycle every now and then

1 Like

Hi @Abethebabe

Your first issue was indicating problem with Hall-effect sensor. Now this one sounds like an issue with circuit board or maybe even DFI sensor. Is maybe control panel warm when you touch it?

Is your robot still in warranty?

Thank you.