Litter Robot III keeps rotating counter clockwise

Litter Robot III will begin cycle correctly after our cat uses it and it will dump but when it’s supposed to pause and then proceed to rotate the other way to home position it won’t and the yellow light starts to flash continuously. Pushing the reset button does nothing so we turn it off and then back on which will make it continue to rotate in the wrong direction and there will be a big cracking noise and it will eventually stop as if it detects the home position. We’ve used all the suggestions we’ve found online to check the motor, the circuit board, the sensors and everything checks out so at this point we don’t know what needs to be replaced. Can you help us?

Hi,

Please contact us in our support center page, choose the Domestic department. It seems that you have a defect Hall Effect sensor(globe position sensor).

Hello,
I have the same issue, but I don’t see a domestic option. Technical Support redirects me to the community forum.
Is there a direct way to test the hall effect sensor to confirm if that’s the issue?

Hello @Tiede,

There is no easy way to test them, so we suggest replacing. Are you still in warranty?

Unfortunately, no.

I did find a video on YouTube, about the overweight sensor - not the hall effect sensor - that showed the same issue as mine. I made sure the contacts connect as suggested, and now it’s again rotating clockwise as expected. I’ll see how long this lasts for, but at least for now, I’m getting the blue “ready” light, and that’s something my cat and I have been missing for a few days!

2 Likes

@Tiede, usually, if the issue is with the weight sensor, the robot would not detect your cat or the error is red blinking light.

Also, there were situations where customers switched wires on the motor, so it was rotating in the wrong direction.

1 Like