Litter robot 3 connect completely unresponsive

Hi!

I require your help regarding a problem I’m encountering.

The first troubles started when the globe kept spinning counter-clockwise after dumping the contents in the drawer, as described by namieg on the forum post on march 26, 2017.

After cleaning up the cat pinch detector contacts the litter box started working as it should, however after a couple of days the litter robot became unresponsive.
-the yellow light stays on
-none of the buttons do anything, even the power button
-the hard reset didn’t resolve the issue either

I have order number 10788980.
The unit is not even 1 year old.

Thank you so much in advance for your help.

1 Like

Hello @samken5,

Welcome to RobotShop community.

We are sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your Litter-Robot.

Please check the following video to help you reach the motor wires and check them.

Make sure that they are connected properly (red to green and white to brown)

After this check the connectors on the circuit board and make sure that they are well connected to the board.

After that, you can close the unit and turn it back on and see how it goes.

If the same issue persisted, check the area between the “Reset” and “Empty” buttons if it’s so hot when you touch it.

Finally, if you don’t have the time to do all this or not feeling comfortable doing all this, we can certainly send the unit to our repair center in Germany for inspection and repair.

This option takes up to a month and that’s why most customers prefer to try to fix the robot on their own to save time.

Awaiting your reply.

Sincerely,

1 Like

Thank you for the reply,

I have checked the connections of the motor and circuit board, both where still plugged in firmly but the unit is still unresponsive.
The circuit board does not feel hot.

Hello @samken5,

Thank you for your reply.

In this case, the circuit board needs to be replaced.

This video will show you how to replace it, please check it and let us know if you are able to do it by yourself or if you prefer to send it to our repair center in Germany to be repaired there:

Awaiting your reply.

Sincerely,

1 Like

Hello ,

I feel confident in replacing this myself.

Hello @samken5,

Please provide us with your shipping address and the serial number located on the back of the robot.

Awaiting your reply.

Sincerely,

The litterbox has been working fine with the new DFI hardware for the last couple of days, thank you very much.

Hello @samken5,

That’s great, let us know if you needed any further assistance.

Have a lovely day, stay safe.

Sincerely,