Litter Robot Connect 3 - Blue flashing - no buttons response

Hello all,

I own a Litter-Robot 3 Connect Automatic Self-Cleaning Litter Box purchased in November 2021.
Model LR3C-1200-CE, Serial Number LR3C1200326, Order number 11012530.

It had a pinch fault like a couple of weeks ago. And 2 days ago it had another. Upon powering it off/on, blue led flashes, no other button works except power button.
I tried the usual: power off/on, sensor dust off. Didn’t fix it.
Checked the pinches, under left side ( the no sensor side) and they seem fine. Dusted them off but still no fix.

Should I try anything else?
Or is the same thing as I see on the other posts: order and replace DFI and all 3 set pinches?

Thanks,
Tiberiu

Hello @TiberiuI ,

Welcome to RobotShop community.

We are sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your Litter-Robot.

This issue would indeed require replacing the DFI sensor and the 3 sets of pins.

Since your robot is no longer under warranty, you can order the parts from the following links:

The following videos will show you how to replace them:

Litter-Robot 3 DFI Kit + Pinch Detect Terminals Installation:

LR3/LR3CI - Replacement 3 Set of pins:

Feel free to contact us again if you need further assistance.

Sincerely,

1 Like

Thanks @Ebram

Looking at the Europe costs for:

# Litter-Robot 3 Connect Automatic Self-Cleaning Litter Box (Grey) EU > Sale price €736,62
Parts needed to be replaced > Price: EUR 34,57 + Price: EUR 7,01 + Price: EUR 2,88 + Price: EUR 5,19

and
# Litter-Robot 4 Automatic Self-Cleaning Litter Box - Black (EU) > Price : Sale price €884,13

I’m thinking of purchasing the LR4, if returning the bought LR3, with the problematic parts, can leverage the cost by applying a discount to an affordable extent.

Can you please redirect this ticket to the Sales Department to follow-up with an answer?

Thanks,
Tiberiu

Hello @TiberiuI ,

Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately, we don’t trade back only robots for the new model.

You can order a refurbished model of the LR4 since it’ll be cheaper than the new one:

Awaiting your reply.

Sincerely,

Hey @Ebram

Did a market research and I think will be buying the CATLINK pro unit. Found it in my country at half price (~400 Euros) with free shipping versus the refurbished LR4 you suggested which adds shipping.

Since buying the parts you suggested (and probably needing to make sure the DFI transparent supports for the newer one are also sent) and not being sure it will fix it and with shipping will go near 100 Euros, is best to go for a new unit.

Please do let me know if I can create a topic regarding giving the parts or my entire unit to other people who are looking here and are willing to support shipping.

Awaiting your reply.

Hello @TiberiuI ,

Thank you for your reply.

Replacing the suggested parts will fix the issue you are having.

However, if you still prefer to buy a new robot, that’s definitely your call.

You can certainly post a new topic on our community to see if other users would like to buy the old robot.

Feel free to contact us again if you need further assistance.

Sincerely,

2 Likes