Litter robot 3 DFI issue

I have a litter robot 3 with a DFI issue. I have confirmed that the DFI is faulty with support and they are sending me a replacement.

However since the replacement is going to take a week or 2 to reach me I’m wondering if there is a way I can get the globe to rotate as a one-off so that I don’t have to scoop litter!

Currently when I turn the unit on at the wall the blue light blinks slowly (DFI issue), then when I hit reset the yellow light blinks quickly. This would usually suggest a pinch sensor issue but I’ve checked the metal pins and cleaned them too. Support said this is common to see when you have a DFI issue. They suggested a hard reset but this didn’t do anything: Litter-Robot III Open Air - Hard Reset

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can get the globe to rotate whilst I await the replacement?

Hi,

Unfortunately, there is no known way of by-passing the DFI sensors while it is defective.

If someone has a temporary solution, it would be interesting to share it on the forum to help anyone who experienced this issue.

Note that the Anti-pinch pins are connected via the DFI sensors and this is why the yellow light may blink quickly once the reset has been pushed.

Yep I found that when cleaning them. Oh well I guess I’ll have to live with a poop scooper for a week or 2 :frowning:

Sometime, cleaning the plastic lenses of the DFI sensors can help resolve the problem.

Also, you may try to remove the drawer, push the reset button and see if the behavior is still the same.

Yep I’ve done all this. Confirmed DFI fault, was just hoping for a workaround to not have to manually empty a litter tray if you know one?

Unfortunately, I do not know of a way to bypass or work around the DFI sensors issue.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Litter-Robot Issues - Blue Blinking light