Litter Robot 3 Connect not Connecting to Whisker App

Hi! I am very desperate for help, so, please, anything.

Description :
I recently got a second-hand Litter Robot 3 Connect and I’m having trouble connecting it to my phone.

I get to the part about connecting my phone to the Litter-Robot hotspot, and I am able to connect to it. However, the problem lies afterward where it remains on the Connecting page for longer than it should. I’m talking over 10 minutes.

Hardware concerned :
Litter Robot 3 Connect + Samsung Galaxy S22 (Android)

Troubleshooting steps already taken :

• Turning off the Litter Robot for about 10 minutes
  • Restarting my router
  • Logging out of Whisker and Force Stopping the app
  • Forgetting all my networks and opening Whisker with data
  • Using Airplane Mode after I log in and initiate the onboarding process
  • Turn data back on for naming and WiFi for the hotspot connection

This did not work at all.

Troubleshooting tips I have not tried:

• Disassembling the robot (bonnet, globe, and base and nothing further) and reattaching
  • Connecting closer to the router

Additional information
The previous owner did show me that the robot was connected to the app and can start a cycle through it before purchasing.

However, when I got home, I did notice that there were two red wires taped on the back side of the robot. Images will be at the bottom.

I do not think transportation was an issue because it remained quite steady in the Uber.

If I need replacement parts what do I need because I do not think this should require a completely new base. If I can fix this at home what can I do? And if this seems repairable through a workshop, are there any in Washington state that have experience with these issue?

(The red wires come for that top hole. It is on the left side in respect to the serial number)

Thank you for any help if it works or not!!

Hello @sk1911,

Welcome to RobotShop community.

We are sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your Litter-Robot.

Please provide us with the order number and the serial number.

Awaiting your reply.

Sincerely,

1 Like

Hi! I do not have an order number as this is second-hand, however the serial number is LR3CI139446

Hello @sk1911,

Thank you for your reply.

These wires are there in case you wanted to buy the backup battery and connect it to the robot.

"Here is the advice from manufacturer:

At the end of the onboarding process, if the app just says “Finishing up” for longer than 1 minute. please do the following:

*** Leave the app**
*** Select WiFi settings (It will be connected to Litter-Robot still)**
*** Choose their home network **
*** Open the app back up**

This will instantly connect them.

Let us know if this worked.

Sincerely,

Sorry what do you mean by home network? Do you mean my own home network?

Also, it doesn’t get to Finishing Up, it just stays on the Connecting screen. I will show a screenshot.

Hello @sk1911,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes.

Let us know how it goes.

Sincerely,

A post was split to a new topic: Whisker App Issue