Litter Robot 3 Connect app connection problem

Good day guys,

This is my first post so hello to everyone.

I received recently the Litter Robot 3 Connect and I have noticed that after some minutes the Litter Robot stats on the iOS app that is offline when in previous minutes was in the state active.

I disconnected the Robot from the plug for about 10m and and replug it and he cycled.

The same, in the app says active but after a few minutes it changes the state to offline. Since I do a lot of troubleshooting in networks I tried to ping the ip of the robot on the network constantly and what I found is that he was responding and in the app he was offline but if I do some manual cycle directly on the litter robot the state Active on the app comes alive again.

Any help would be appreciated.

Best Regards

Frederico Ventura

Firmware of the Robot - 2FA3587
iOS app Version - 1.3.3

1 Like

Hi @freddy_ventura and welcome to our forum!

Litter Robot is currently working on releasing a fix to their servers to prevent this excessive offline notifications. Hopefully it will be implemented later this week.

I still have the same problem. I have the same firmware it goes offline after some time and it comes back when a cleancycle starts. Then after two hours it goes offline again.

Rene

1 Like

Hi @renevanb,

Please try making a demand while the unit is offline (e.g. enable/disable sleep mode or start a cycle via the app). Does the Litter-Robot respond? Please advise.

If the Litter-Robot does not respond to demand while the unit is offline, please do the following.
a. Make sure your unit is plugged in and powered on.
b. Make sure your home WiFi is on and working.
c. Make sure your home internet is working.
d. Make sure your mobile device has a cellular or wireless connection to the internet.

If the above does not work:

1. Unplug the unit for at least 5 minutes, (disconnect the backup battery if one is installed).
  2. Completely close the Litter-Robot app.
  3. After 5 minutes, plug the unit in and allow it to cycle until the blue “Ready” status lights up.
  4. Open the app and check for connection.
  5. Move Litter-Robot closer to your router.

If you are still experiencing issues, please advise.

1 Like

Thanks for the answer but i tried all of this several times already and did not solve the problem. When the unit in the apears offline i cant select sleep mode or cycle. But if i start a manual cycle from the unit i see it directly in the app without any delay. But after some time the unit apears offline in the app again. The same as the person who started the topic. I think it is a server problem. I tried different wifi point but same problem and wifi is as strong as it can be,

René

2 Likes

3 posts were split to a new topic: LR3 Connect - offline issue

A post was split to a new topic: LR3 Connect - offline issues

Did you ever get a response? Having the same issues with no permanent fix.

Hi everyone,

I have exactly the issue iOS app version 1.3.4.
Everytime after a few minutes the app shows disconnected even though both of my LR3 are online.
I tried the same trouble shooting you mentioned before several times unfortunately without any improvements.

1 Like

Hi @Alex280181!

This is usually caused by issues or maintenance on servers on Litter Robot side. Once the issue is resolved on their side, it should get disconnected so often.

From my experience, for me there are two situations.

-The majority of times the fact that the Litter Robot says that is offline is because of there servers, it’s not the litter fault or anything else, the only thing you can do is wait that the servers come online again and you will be able to access the litter robot via app again. Maybe a small server with poor maintenance, who knows.

-The other issue was the router channel on 2.4ghz, if it was on a random channel I notice that the litter robot sometimes went to offline, I suppose that this NIC, network interface cards (wireless are cheap) and therefore have bugs. Note that i don’t have interference and no neighbors, the best channel is 1 on 2.4ghz, the problem disappeared.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Thank you for sharing this @freddy_ventura!

1 Like

Don’t believe it is the server. We have 2 robots and the one that is 3 feet from our router goes offline all the time. The one in the basement far from a router never does.

1 Like

Hi @Sewhappy and welcome to our forum!

Please give us the serial numbers of your robots so we can check if the latest software is installed on them.

Thank you.

1 Like

LR3CI126969 is the one that does not work right

LR3CI142887 works ok.

1 Like

Hi @Sewhappy!

Software update was issued for both of your robots and it was completed successfully.

Please note if there were some changes.

Thank you.

1 Like

I am having exactly the same issue and have a WiFi extended right next to my litter robot. Please can you check my serial: LR3CI129810.

What seems odd is that if you perform a manual cycle the LR connects immediately? Could this be a faulty WiFi chip?

Tom

1 Like

Hey @tking_88!

We are checking this with manufacturer.

Thank you.

1 Like

Hi @tking_88!

Manufacturer informed us that they updated software on your Litter Robot.

Thank you.

1 Like

Many thanks and so far that seems to have solved the issue with the Wifi and a timing issues

1 Like