Litter-robot 2 (need help)

Hi!

I require your help regarding a problem I’m encountering.

Description:

We have the litter-robot 2 and sometimes the drum upon spinning back (after dumping the waste) goes to far and dumps all the clean litter on the floor and in the waste tray! Then we get all 3 light flashing a 1 second intervals. This doesn’t happen all the time, just randomly

Hardware concerned:
Could it be wiring? Motor? Or circuit board? Someone please help

Software concerned:
N/a

Troubleshooting steps already taken:
Taken all hardware out looked for breaks in cables, rusted circuitboard etc. No visual damage can be seen

Additional information:

Thank you so much in advance for your help!

1 Like

Hello @Smartavalon,

Welcome to RobotShop community.

We are sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your Litter-Robot.

Please provide us with your order number or a copy of the invoice if your robot is still under warranty.

The issue you are having is usually coming from a defective hall-effect sensor (wiring harness)

Awaiting your reply with the order number so we can confirm the model you have.

Sincerely,

1 Like

Hi I brought it second hand from someone off eBay, so no invoice number etc…. I just seen there was a forum with lots of how-to’s so thought I’d put the problem down. Are you positive it’s the wiring because that seems like a quick fix.

If I brought the wiring and it still had the problem could I I send it back and look at other solutions?

It is definitely the litter robot 2.

1 Like

Hello @Smartavalon,

Thank you for your reply.

According to the described behavior, you would need to replace the sensor harness:

If it didn’t fix the over-rotation problem, you can return it within a month for a refund.

This blog will show you how to replace this sensor:

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Sincerely,

1 Like

Just getting back to you… this WORKED! Amazing, thank you so much! You just saved me £500

Hello @Smartavalonhome,

Thank you for your reply.

That’s great to hear, feel free to contact us again if you need further assistance.

Have a lovely day, stay safe.

Sincerely,

Hello @ScottP,

Thank you for your feedback, appreciate it a lot.

Have a lovely day, stay safe.

Sincerely,