Kukhrebot- biped chicken walker

I have been working on this biped for a few weeks now. This is my first robot. After initial tests, I am changing the fixed head with a movable one. can be seen working with a crude , brute code on youtube.

Will update with a video on completion.                  walking Kukhrebot video added. neck servo too weak to turn the head...

just uploading some pictures on request. only hand tools was used and a electric screwdriver was used  for making holes.

walk;hop

• Actuators / output devices: tg9e, hxt900
  • CPU: Arduino Mega
  • Power source: 1× 9v, 4× 1.2 v nimh AAA
  • Programming language: Arduino, C
  • Target environment: indoor

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://community.robotshop.com/robots/show/kukhrebot-biped-chicken-walker

Found it on

Found it on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtUgrPAGoQU

Great work!

**thanks… **

thanks…

Nice robot!

Nice robot!

Can it make turns?

Can it make turns?

hi hardmouse, I am writing

hi hardmouse, I am writing code for turns. it will be twists actually, not turns.like balancing on two legs one infront of another and twisting the hip to effect a turn.

Great work, man! Nice

Great work, man! Nice aluminium work, nice use of micro servos and the walking gait is pretty good too!

Very nice work.

Awesome robot. Keep it up, this is an outstanding 1st bot.

thnx

Thanks Dickel. you got an awesome bot. what kind of track are you using. I am wishing to make a tracked biped( that walks with the track as feet and use the track for speeding). I got no experiwnce with it.

thanks JerZ. I am looking to

thanks JerZ. I am looking to add more moves and make changes aesthetically. so please do keep tuned in.

Wow, that’s a nice little

Wow, that’s a nice little walker. Please write more about the details, how did you do the legs, head and other parts. Are you using some kind of stabilisation system like gyros to balance it or is it just try and error in programming the leg movement?

from the start, my intention

from the start, my intention is to use gyros and Accel’s but have had not much time. everything was handmade with designwork straight from the head. I might try and develop a ultra cheap barebone kit, a tad smaller.

Good work

Nice Bot! Are you using 8 servos for the legs? It looks like you have one for the hip, one for the knee, and two for the ankle joint. I’m considering building a biped, and looking for some ideas. keep up the good work!

hi

thanx. sorry for late reply. i was fixing my laptop. i have 5 servos per leg. total of 10. Two lateral servos in the hip are well hidden inside the aluminium jacket. May i suggest you add a servo at the hip for turning movement. i only had the idea after finishing my bot.its upto you. cheers

oh

oh and good luck!

Hello i know everything about u i am related to u mwahahahahahahhahahahahah i am your great grandmother come from the ashes boiiiiiiiiiii

u r a chicken

Sorry mate that was my son. I will make sure nothing like this will ever happen again.

Kind regards, Harrry Davy