K3lso Quadruped (Build thread)

New parts. One full set of CF legs for the robot and also a set of the new lower leg design in 7075.

I CF parts are 38% lighter then the alu 7075 parts. I am happy with looks.

1 Like

Test assembly of CF leg with new lower design/foot. Everything fits perfectly! Happy with the more rough looks!

Weight data comparison:

Upper:

CF = 219g

7075 = 315g

reduction 43%

Lower:

CF = 185g

7075 = 254g

reduction 37%

Motor mount:

CF = 99g

7075 = 145g

reduction 46%

#k3lso #quad #quadruped #UPXtreme #cnc #robotics #ros #design #fusion360 #carbon #leggedrobotics @UPbridge_gap

2 Likes

Subday picture at #k3lso
Not much going on today :roll_eyes: I am happy with the new lower legs! Happy valentines :gift_heart:

#k3lso #quadruped #quad #ros #robotics #UPXtreme #ROS #unitree #bostondynamics #laikago #mjbots https://t.co/rIo9h7ytxO

2 Likes

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

A very rough first print for half cover. Needed some to touch and visualize IRL before going further with covers. And No I will not use home 3D printed covers. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Very fast quick draft of the back cover printed.

Also playing a bit with urdf-loaders

1 Like

I am adding a impact bar.

The new idea with back/front cover is to design around the impact bar. The back cover has an internal plastic structure and a outer molded CF cover. not a fan of the sharp intersection between top/bottom cover.

2 Likes

Continued on back cover. Changed how I let it out on the top cover. A small floating touch where they intersect.

1 Like

Tonights work. Redesign of mid covers is started. Going for a more clean look with a “easier” shape. Let’s continue tomorrow. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Back to matte green! :face_with_monocle:
Prefer the look of this front / back to the “insect” one TBH.

1 Like

1 Like

Both very nice. Black is generic and Spot is yellow, but don’t know of any which are blue.

1 Like

Thanks. The black is actually CF molded top covers with black structure parts. Which is my plan today. if the CF will painted later we shall see.
One blue quad is Jueying mini

Quick and dirty half test cover for shape verification!

1 Like

Was honestly not aware of Deeprobotics’ dog. It seems to be a collaboration with Huawei? Their videos only seem to date back three months.

Curious - your current focus seems to be the aesthetics, but I don’t recall seeing a video of it actually walking? Been looking forward to seeing that for a while, despite the fact that the project seems to be progressing at lightning speed.

1 Like

Yeah doing alot of things simultaneously :rofl:

1 Like

You’ve almost trained it to “give paw” / “shake” :grin:

2 Likes

Increased speed of backwards motion. Always a bit nervous when testing stuff like this :grimacing:
1 Like

Testing the lower leg speed. Running 24v ATM (quad will run 10s) hitting a peak at around 20rad/s now. Excepting numbers around 40rad/s later on.

2 Likes

Not much happening today. Adjusted magnet gap for the encoder to around 1.5-1.7 mm to reduce some current noise. So now they are almost silent :slight_smile:

I got a Vectornav VN-100 for the robot

And the last chain just arrived :slight_smile:

The new power supply is ready for hopefully a first “test” stand this weekend to get some data to analys.

1 Like

Tonights work patched the #UPboard #UPXtreme stock kernel 5.4 with RT-PREEMPT.

Stock UP! Kernel

#k3lso #quad #quadruped #robotics #Ubuntu #ros #RT #PREEMPT https://t.co/eiMUz7scP6

1 Like