Inchworm-inspired robot

I'm very interested in different mechanisms... and different ways of locomotion, so I decided to try my version of an inchworm, especially because of its peculiar way of locomotion.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://community.robotshop.com/robots/show/inchworm-inspired-robot

Awesome, and it turns. Well done! I like different methods of locomotion too.

1 Like

Seeing the name, I though the Robot was a tiny wormlike robot :slight_smile: Thanks for sharing. I never used Lynxmotion 2I0. Looks like it’s a cool board.

1 Like

Maybe if you put a set of wheels on the middle servo, you could lower the caterpillar to the ground, turn the servos and it could make sharp turns. Don’t know.

1 Like

Although evidently robotic, the motion is quite good! Given your skills in aesthetics too, I wonder what it would take to make it look “cyber caterpillar” ish?

1 Like

Thank you very much!

Nice! I am especially fascinated by mechanisms that use a minimum number of servos and achieve effective movements. Your MonkeyBot V2 is one of my favorites.

Planning a second version that will only have wheels on the back and which, according to my mental simulations, should allow for sharp turns. But let’s see what happens. :slight_smile:

Thank you ver much! Yes, the LSS 2IO board is great for small/medium projects with smart servos that don’t need as many digital or analog pins. In this project, for example, I still had 5 pins left over! And the reduced board size is great too.

Thanks!

Not really cyberish, but for a second version I’m planning, I think I’ll dress it up with a pair of green socks for the aesthetic (and I’m not kidding) hahah. This will make it even more playful.

Woah…!!! Nice build dickel

1 Like

Thank you very much!