How to make your first robot

Please read again, its all
Please read again, its all there.

hey frits!As per your kind

hey frits!

As per your kind instructions I re-read the entire thing. I understood what is G, V and the Input pin and in what sequence it lies. It has been explained really well.

But what I was asking is that in your photo over here I see that if the USB input jack is facing towards me, then, you have left the first row of pins empty and attached the Sharp to the second row of pins. I have also done that now, attached my sensor to the second row of pins. Just tell me now if I need to anything with the first, third and fourth row of the pins. I know that the 5th row is to remain untouched since it is all G.

Sorry for asking it again, but I would really apprecitate if you could just explain that point to me.

Thank you once again for such brilliant tutorials and even more amazing feedbacks.

Thanks and all :)But sorry,

Thanks and all :slight_smile:

But sorry, I would really not know the answer to your question(s). If I wanted to know myself, I would just look at the page that I linked to (board for dummies) - I cannot remember what is what, and I recon that you my just as well find out as I.

It was answered up there

It was answered up there with a picture too

"
you should also connect the 3 remaining analogue input to V. I had some jumpers laying, and you can see that all 3 connections left are short cut
"

Good luck!

where
Where can i get a speaker?(so my robot can make sounds)

Just about anywhere

Try an electronics store (online or in the physical world). Or, you can salvage one from an old toy or piece of electronic equipment.

A simple magnetic core speaker is cheap and easy to find and use.

control method
what is the control method for this robot . is it controllled by a remote control or something . i dont understand that part.

It is autonomous. The PICAXE
It is autonomous. The PICAXE is the brains. The sonar tells the picaxe that it is about to hit something and the picaxe tells the motors to move in another direction so it doesn’t hit the wall.

It’s A-L-I-V-E-!!
It’s A-L-I-V-E-!!

**Wired ? **
wat do you mean wen you say wired . i just want it to where i can control it with a remote or something .

1 Like

Do you want a wire between
Do you want a wire between the remote and the robot or for it to use IR like a TV remote. IR takes a bit more skill. If I were you I would start small unless you have experience with robotics.

wired
how difficult u talkin wen you say the ir one is diffucult

If you’ve never used a PIC
If you’ve never used a PIC or hooked up an IR sensor it will take some work. Start small then work your way up.

hey,thnx 4 this amazing
hey,thnx 4 this amazing site,am a lil new 2 this whol thing,v r tryin 2 mak an obstacle detection system
any suggestions on how 2 go bout it,code,components,which will be th best processor 4 image processing an all
thnx a lot

Please write english, thanks

Please write english, thanks :slight_smile:

(Your c00l h4ck3r is not very good for the searching in the site, so you are just filling it up with garbage that way)

mini vacuum
hello is it possible to add a mini vacuum in this project??

You can add anything you
You can add anything you want. A vacuum just requires voltage to work. The picaxe can drive a lot of servos, switches, motors, etc you just need to hook them up and add them tot he project. However if you are new to robotics (and I suspect you are) START SMALL!!! Everyone who tries to start with some huge project never finishes it.

thanks

thanks for your quick response jklug

yeah you got me there, i am new to robotics
 i just got the package, and yes im planning to start small so i can really ler=arn how it works

the vacuum thing is for my future plans after im done with the autonomous robot

so the picaxe can control the vacuum motor directly?

Depends on the current
Depends on the current required by the vacuum. You may need to use a reay with a second power source to give it more than the 5volts your picaxe runs off of.

Gear Motors
Is it possible to make the robot with 2 right angle, gear motors? or shall it be left/rigt angle?