How to make your first robot

Yes, the program is the same

Yes, the program is the same as the one used to make the movie.

However, your robot is different. At any time you are taking a program from one robot and put it to work in another, you will have to adapt the code. Think of it as me and you both reading this text - same words, we are both human, but it will sound different :slight_smile:

Confused :stuck_out_tongue:

In your movie the servo keeps rotating while moving but the same doesnā€™t happen in mine. Is there any changes that i have to do ?

Song

Can you tell me as to which is the song that is being played in the 2nd video??

was just curious.

Just random free youtube, I

Just random free youtube, I cannot remember :slight_smile:

Basically what you need to

Basically what you need to do, is to make your own code.

Start simple, only use my code to see that your robot is actually working. Then start with some fresh code, experiment and learn. That is really the best advice I can give you.

And now you even have a goal; See if you can make the robot do 2 things at a time. I could tell you how, but you would not learn anything other than copying my code :slight_smile: So give it a good try, post your project, and then ask questions when you are stuck, or need help that you cannot find in the manuals!

PS: A hint: Make a main loop that is moving the servo back and forth. In that, jump out to subroutines, where you do distance checking :wink: Go experiment and have fun :slight_smile:

**Thanks **

Thanks a lot, will try it on my own and post my project after writing my own code :slight_smile: .

regardsĀ 

sachin

Final year project

1 more favor, iā€™m a 3rd year engineering student and iā€™m on a look out for final year projects for next year. I want to make a robot with a lot of artificial intelligence in it. Can you suggest me any idea or any robot which others have built. it would be of great help.

By the way i took the start here robot to college and all of them were really amazed to see it in action :slight_smile: .

Ā 

Thank you :)Ā 

Great tutorial

Hey guys, I just want to say that this is the best tutorial out there when it comes to building robots. Ā Especially if you have 0 experience. Ā Fritz really out did himself. Ā Great job!

Ā 

yellow chip

I didnt get yellow chip with start here robot. your sopposed to get 4 chips 3 black {include darlingon} and 1 yellow.

i got 4 black chips {include darlington}.

why?

the transistor does not have

the transistor does not have to be yellow in colour, it can even be black. What you got is the yellow chip but it is in black colour

Hey dont worry most of us

Hey dont worry most of us got 4 black chips.Read the instructions once again carefully.Fritsl does make a mention about the black version of the yellow chip.

All the best with you first bot!

what is the code on the

what is the code on the yellow/black chip?

how do you know which is the

how do you know which is the yellow/black one?

Sigh. There are pictures.

Sigh. There are pictures. Right in this post. They show the markings.

You are not visually impaired, are you?

theres a code on each chip.

theres a code on each chip. can oyou tell me where each chip goes on picaxe board?

please read through the

please read through the instructions again, fristl has made it really clear

yours must be something like

yours must be something like this right?Ā 

http://www.solarbotics.com/products/28671/

many of us got this chip instead of the yellow one but both are used in the exact same way, they are resistor arrays they only differ in color

ONE OF THE PEGS ON MY DIL

ONE OF THE PEGS ON MY DIL 8X8 RESISTOR RAY BROKE IS IT STILL OK?

ONE OF THE PEGS ON MY DIL

ONE OF THE PEGS ON MY DIL 8X8 RESISTOR RAY BROKE IS IT STILL OK?

Please look above, the very

Please look above, the very top of the page, where it says ā€œRulesā€, thanks.