How to make your first robot

hey u shuld be first puttin

hey u shuld be first puttin the pin such a way that the longer part of it is on the upper side and u have to solder on the underside of the board , i suggest you ask some one who has had some experience in soldering to help to out and teach you, thats the same thing i did , now I have the confidence to solder anything on my own :slight_smile:

all the best bro

I just bought a switch for

I just bought a switch for the lmr bundle robot. I dont know how to put it inside the robot? please show easy instructions.

Also, i just bought led for the same robot im hooking the swith into. How do ypu put led into the robot, please show easy instructions.

program led

how do you program led to turn green to go and red to stop? which led do i need from solarbotics

Im using bi-coulor led how

Im using bi-coulor led how do i install it, use simple instructions please

**Please read the tutorial before asking **

Fristl has explained how to add an LED and a speaker to the start here robot. Don’t forget to add a resister! Also please use to the reply button located right below the comment title. This helps keep everything organized.

Regards,

Student robot maker

make a cut on the red wire

make a cut on the red wire and attach the 2 parts to the switch.

i guess the switch has 3 possible connector thingies right?

connect red to any of the end and the middle one NOT both ends

thanks i now know how to

thanks i now know how to install the led, but what about the switch? easy instructions please.

does bi colour led require a resistor? if so, how?

You know, a little effort on

You know, a little effort on your part would take you further than question after question.

DTB responded to this same question for you just a few comments below this one.

Perhaps you would have noticed his response if you would not have repeated your question multiple times. Please try the Reply feature. So handy for keeping the context of the conversation together.

where do i stick the bi

where do i stick the bi colour led? i have two them.

standard led

instructions for standard led, not bi colour led.

solder line required?

do i need a solder and solder line or just solder?

u need a soldering iron and

u need a soldering iron and the solder i tol u b4 ask sum1 who has soldered before in and around ur locality to help u with it

Hey DTB, please read the

Hey DTB, please read the Rules, thanks :slight_smile:

I think Frits is referring

I think Frits is referring to your use of text/IM speak. We like easy to read, well written posts. LMR is an international community, and abbreviated tying makes it harder for everyone, especially if English is not your first language.

I do applaud you jumping in to try to help another member. Just do it in clearly written English for everyone’s benefit.

Ah my sincere apologies, is

Ah my sincere apologies, is this better? :slight_smile:

Perfect. ; j

Perfect. ; j

Programming

ok, I bought the LMR bundle and I have built the robot, but when I try to program it, it always say’s that there is an error, either because, it is not powered, it is not connected or it needs a reset.
P.S.I have inserted the batteries and downloaded the USB driver software, etc…

Thank you for your help! :slight_smile:

Try to check that all pins

Try to check that all pins of the Picaxe chip is placed correctly in the board. Sometimes I have managed to get one or several pins on the outside of the IC socket :slight_smile:

If this does not help, take many sharp, well lit pictures of your setup, so we can get a chance to help.

Thanks so much! I noticed

Thanks so much! I noticed that I had inserted my IC in a weird way! Now it works!

**I just finished the start here robot **

I just finished the start here robot and its working perfectly fine. I have a small doubt about the program mentioned in the tutorial, is it the same as the one used in the videos? cause i feel its a little different. I’m still a newbee in this field so can you provide me the other program if this i’snt the same. Thanks a lot :slight_smile: