How to make your first robot

i am new and i want to know

i am new and i want to know how to put a picture  on your robot page

information for a beginner

Hello Frits, do you have a Arduino version for connection and program for your Robot !!!

Thanks

Michel

Hello fellow Canadian, I

Hello fellow Canadian, I have developed a controller called µBotino that you can use to make a Start Here robot. Actually, I am in the process of documenting such a build and all the parts are available in the Creatron Electronics store in Toronto. I may also get the parts to sell them along with µBotino kits. 

There are many “copies” of

There are many “copies” of this tutorial out there, using Arduino now.

I am an my way with a new versin, where you can chose, but at present, personally I do not have an Arduino version, sorry. But it is comming :slight_smile:

it definitely wuld b :slight_smile:

it definitely wuld b :slight_smile:

click on that tiny tree

click on that tiny tree image in the editing toolbar next to that anchor thingie…den browse upload den place it :smiley:

how can i install a switch

how can i install a switch on the picaxe 28-project board?

Just install a switch that

Just install a switch that connects the + side of the battery pack to the + (red) wire going to the project board.

[Battery  +]---------*\ *------------| + Project board
[Battery    ]         switch           |
[Battery  - ]-------------------------| -

You can use hot glue, or double-sided tape or anything else to mount the switch somewhere on your robot. 

If you don’t have a switch you can buy one, or salvage one from some old toy or piece of electronics, or make one from a couple of pieces of solid-core wire.

**thanks!!! **

thanks!!!

:smiley:

:smiley:

arduino version

G’day Fritsl,

there’s a good arduino setup based on a rumble bot that I found while robot hunting…  I’m going to have a go at it using a motor driver.  It’s very basic but might be a contender :slight_smile:

here’s a pick of the layout…

rumblebotschematic2.jpg

with the 2 touch sensors as well I reckon it's a good "next step" type  project.  Just needs a motor driver,  any suggestions?

clear skies

Stephen

the link

here’s the link to it’s page here in LMR.  I hope I’m not contravening any rules by doing this!!!

https://www.robotshop.com/letsmakerobots/node/24204

fingers X

Stephen

how do i make my start here

how do i make my start here robot move, if instead of dc motors, i have servos?

is it ok if i do the same

is it ok if i do the same thing but with - ?

You can use two servos that

You can use two servos that have been modified (either by you or at the factory) for continuous rotation. Once modified, you can use normal servo commands to turn your servo in either direction, or to stop it.

Example code:

main:

servo 1,150  ; stop the servo

servo 1,100  ; move servo forward

pause 3000  ; wait 3 seconds

servo 1,150  ; stop the servo

pause 1000  ; wait 1 second

servo 1,200  ; move the servo backwards

pause 3000  ; wait 3 seconds

goto main   ; loop back to start

how do u use mmore than 1

how do u use mmore than 1 servo on picaxe 28x1

the programming bit and a little wer to attach

DTB, I strongly suggest you

DTB, I strongly suggest you take a read through the Picaxe manual. They have excellent explanations of basic questions. Then if you get stuck, you can always post questions on LMR. Everyone appreciates a person who will do a little research on their own first, try a few things, and then come back with good questions.

Picaxe manual 3 describes how to hook up a servo. You can also look in the start here robot instructions above and see how the head servo (the one with the sensor on it) is connected. You want to connect your two continuous rotation servos to two separate digital outputs of the Picaxe project board via the 330 resistor pack.

Mechanically, your driving servos can be attached bottom-to-bottom using double-sided tape or hot glue. One servo will have the servo “horn” sticking out the the right of your  robot, and the other will have the horn stickout out on the left. Attach wheels to the servo horns and off you go.

Thanks, but how do I make
Thanks, but how do I make many servos move at the same time?

like:servo 0,150servo 1,150??

like:

servo 0,150

servo 1,150

??

linking rules

linking rules! keep them coming