How to Make a Robot - Lesson 10: Programming Your Robot

i love it thanks

sir can’t i get the books at robot shop for free am a Nigerian please

@ahmod It’s best to purchase books as it gives the author some remuneration for all of his or her efforts.

tank you can i use a phone cheap thats a phone microcontroller to create a robot

@ahmod Sort of… a smartphone tends not to have input / output ports, so you need to interface it with additional hardware which reads sensors and controls motors.

What is a servo

@Bla bla An R/C servo is a type of geared motor which allows you to send signals which control the angular position of the output shaft. This is different than a normal DC gear motor where you do not have control over the position.

Can You please tell me how to write a C program for light sensor???

@shreyas Unfortunately that is beyond the scope of this tutorial series. Feel free to contact us via the RobotShop Forum and provide as many details as you can about your setup.

Very nice work, would be good for a science project. Thumbs up.

It is so nice projact . I love this work.
How I made a microchip,???

@sk.AZIZUL HASAN. Creating a microchip requires quite a lot of work and machines and normally only large companies tend to create microchips.

Sir thnk you verry much…Firstly thanks for knowledge sharing approach…!! Sir want to make a robot…who follows my instructions…so sir please can u tell me how can i built that robot…

@Soumya roy If by “instructions” you mean voice commands, you’ll need a speech to text module, then either a separate micontroller or computer to process those commands and take appropriate action.

I have done my post graduation in computer applications.I love programming and have knowledge of C programming language.I never had microcontrollers as part of my curriculum,but i would love to learn more about robotics.I would like to start from scratch(using c language).what do you suggest?

There are many options since most microcontrollers have C compilers available. We would recommend to have a look at the Arduino platform since it is readily available, low cost and has great community support. It can also be programmed in C directly (instead of using Sketches) in the Arduino IDE. A good resource for AVR related C programming is http://www.avrfreaks.net/.

Pls sir, how can I develop a voice recognition for my robot?

@doyin: You can use various products to add voice recognition to your robot, such as the RB-Tig-12, RB-Mik-46 and RB-Lin-79. Please note that if you wish to make your own module, it is a very complex task that is non-trivial. You can read more about speech recognition here.

thanks for sharing the program… it was awesome… reallly iam interested in c/c++ language and robotics with a little knowledge about them… but what can i do just with them i need hardware etc…etc. iam eager to program and see the output of robot… but environment and situation says a big NO… sorry for texting unwanted feelings… really thanks a lot the session was great… wish you all the best and good luck… bye

I want to express my deeper appreciation for your tireless effort in passing knowledge that someone like me would not have been enjoying without people like you. I am a beginner who is confused with how to start the journey of developing robotic projects because of the fact that the major components are not available at my disposal and I have no friends who can collaborate with me. Advise me please. Thanks