How to Make a Drone / UAV – Lesson 7: FPV & Long-range

Im new at this drone making stuff but i have some previous experience in robotics.
currently perusing engineering
so my question was that what should be an ideal weight for a drone with cam to attain sufficient height and are there any apps which can simulate the drone before flight.

@Tushar It’s less a question of weight than about thrust to weight ratio and battery power. We suggest drones which are

sir kindly tell me that flight controllers are already pre-programmed or we have to program them?

@Muhammad adnan You need to configure almost all flight controllers for your setup. This is not really “programming” but rather configuring.

after reading this i am very interested to make my own drone. this is very helpful site. i will ask for help if i stuck any where during making my drone. thank dear.

Bro I am making an autonomous quad-copter as a final year project can you guide me as how can I widen the range of quadcopter by using GSM module, relly need your help here as I am very new to this stuff

@Hamza Ejaz Malik Don’t jump to GSM immediately - ensure the quad flies well based on manual input, then using GPS input, and then go to GSM.

Thank you for providing these very educating lessons, this information will be helpful to me for planning the next robot uprising

Thank you for the great tutorial!

Thanks so much

Instead of leap motion sensor for gesture controlling a drone what are the other components required for gesture controlling a drone

@Tejashwini There is no specific sensor which is commonly used for gesture control of a drone. You need to do quite a bit of programming with any approach.

This article was awesome. It helped me to gather a lot of new informations for my quadcopter

sir i want to give a ideas about transmeter and reciver if i used 433mhz transmeter and reciver with HT12D AND HT12E encoder and decoder ics can i fly my quadcopter about 10 miles… if not then plesae help me which type of transmeter and reciver are uesd with encoder and decoder ic for flying the quadcopter in 10 miles… and also give the cricuit design of it…

@apoorv deepak You might try this: https://www.robotshop.com/en/long-range-uhf-txrx700-lite-rc-system-fpv.html?product-code=RB-Scu-01
433 for long range is not ideal.

well done tutorial. However it will be good to follow it up with a lesson 8 that talks about the different program platforms to program the FC and ESC and at list a walkthrough detailed configuration for any product ( because they all have a similar principal) also OSD and PID … binding… channels.

I roughly got the tutorial. It helped me a lot to understand about drones. I want to make a final year project using drone with some additional appliances. Can I program the processor? And I have a ton of doubts. Please help me

@George Appreciate the feedback. We did not do such a lesson because it is normally supplied by the manufacturer of the flight controller.

@Skanda B.K.Skanda Normally the flight controller is programmable. You might try one which is more open-source like the MultiWii project.

Sir thanks for this sugesions but I have a confusion. which motor is beyter