How Do I Interpret DC Motor Specifications?

@Abhishek Normally holding torque is associated with servo motors, so yes, that would be the torque it can support (10Kg-cm can be 1Kg at the end of 10cm for example, or 10Kg at 1cm). 1Kg = ~10N.

Will u please tell me that 200kg of boat In water how much torque is required for dc12v motor

@kiran The calculations needed to determine the motor specs for a DC motor used to turn a propeller and move a boat are beyond the scope of this article.

Hi this interesting. A couple of questions I have are about the best DC micro motor for using with a peltier module. Since the real TEG modules are very expensive, I want to use the simple TEC module to generate a current. The TEC module isnā€™t going to be very efficient in power generation. So my question are:

1. What is the best (also cost effective) DC motor that is to be chosenā€¦would it be the 1-6v motor, as opposed to the 3-6v motor.

2. This is about the type of motor. I see that there are motors that are marked as ā€˜solarā€™ on EBay. These I assume are intended to be connected to solar cells. Then there are the traditional toy motors with the regular magnets and armature. Also some motors marked a scoreless. Which of these do you think would best work for a low out put generator, such as the TEC module?

Thanks

@Sujit Normal brushed / coreless DC motors donā€™t have any specs for when they are operated in reverse and used as generators. In most cases itā€™s very inefficient. You might try searching online for ā€œmicro generatorā€.

Hi.i just want to kno that my project deals with solar moduleā€¦where m mking solar based grass cutterā€¦for which m using a solar panel,6v 2 batteries,ā€¦i just want to kno which dc motor i should use to get high torqueā€¦in short specificationā€¦

@tausif The solar panel should be used to charge batteries, and not to power the motors directly. You can get an idea of the torque / RPM for the motors here: https://www.robotshop.com/blog/en/drive-motor-sizing-tool-9698

Sir I want 100-220 Nm torque from dc motor to open and fit nut of car wheel so plz suggest me smallest possible size motor and its other apecification like voltage, power, rpm. My main aim is to get required torque in small size motor. Thanks

@Aditya You can find our selection of DC gear motors here: https://www.robotshop.com/en/gear-motors.html

Hi, I have a 24VDC 500W 2800rpm rated motor I am over volting with a Lithium-ion battery pack, (rated voltage 36V, max voltage 41V), how do I calculate the power this motor will produce at the increased voltage? Please note, an approximate value would be fine, the motor has been modified with better air flow through and an added cooling fan to help cope with the extra heat and contacting the manufacturer is not possible in this case. Thanks, any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

@Mike To our knowledge, it would come down to the motor curve, which would be based on testing. You can use a multimeter to read the current and multiply it by the applied voltage. Note that the efficiency will likely be suffering.

Sir Iā€™m working on a power generation project so for that Iā€™m little confused about which motor should I select for power generation. My rpm varies from 100-300 rpm. So Iā€™m planing for a 500 rpm DC motor but the thing is which one would be better geared DC motor or non geared DC motor?
Please respond.
Eagerly waiting for your reply.
Thank you :slight_smile:

What happens if we connect a toy motor to a 7.2V battery???

I am making tracked robot for that I am using wheels of diameter 10cm.for that I wanna use 12 v DC motor 100rpm my robot weight is 7kg.so how much torque DC motor I choose?

Which 12 v DC motor I select for robot which has weight of 8kg .wheel diameter 10 cm.how much torque?

@Abhishek Unfortunately we donā€™t carry many generators, and the DC motors we offer do not provide any details regarding their power generating capability. We suggest looking for a motor which is specifically made to be used as a generator.

@Cena Ideally the motor should be rated around 7.2V (for example between 6V and 9V). When you connect it drectly to a battery, it should spin in one direction.

@Pratik Check out this post: https://www.robotshop.com/blog/en/drive-motor-sizing-tool-9698

@Rick We have the perfect online tool for you: https://www.robotshop.com/blog/en/drive-motor-sizing-tool-9698

Hi how can i make 1.2 volt without battery, thanks