How Do I Interpret DC Motor Specifications?

Thank you sir #Eric Nantel

hi sirā€¦
I am an engineering student.and iam do a project is related to harwester machine run with DC power source
it carry the load of 300 kg so which motor is preferable for this. please give guide linesā€¦
And it work for long time .And also give about battery specifications alsoā€¦

@santhosh We suggest getting an idea of the specs you need here: https://www.robotshop.com/blog/en/drive-motor-sizing-tool-9698

Hi!
I purchased 4 1.5A DC motors and a powerpack of 1200mA output current.
Its voltage can be adjusted. But they still canā€™t haul a load of about 500 grams!
Please tell me what to do!

@Movin Perera There are many factors involved in getting a mobile robot to move. We suggest creating a new topic on the RobotShop forum and providing as many details about your project and the parts you are using.

I want to build a white board eraser by using bluetooth through arduino uno r3 so firstly which motor should i use to get my work done
otor has to take load of 4kg
Please let me know the specification of motor best fitted for my project
N secondly how to program it to get the work done
Plz let me know as early as possible

@saud Unfortunately your question is much more conceptual. Please post a new topic on the RobotShop forum. We also encourage you to create a drawing of how you think the setup will work.

I am doing my Engineering project in which Motor selection became an big hectic for me, My project is to Close an waterproof sheild automatically whenever an rain is detected by Rain sensor. i am doing the project model in the size of Average table(approx 4 feet).
I want a motor which can take load upto 2 or 3 kgs and rotate for 90 degrees clock wise and then rotate back to its initial position. Please sagest me motor with specifications, (Many said me to go for Servo motor), please specify the model of motor.

@inay kumar Since your question is more design oriented, please create a new topic on the RobotShop Forum and we would be happy to help you there.

what is the response time for a typical 12 V DC motor?

@yathi Not sure what answer you are looking for - you are asking what the delay would be between the time the wires are powered versus when you see motion?

i want motor such that it should bear a load of 300 kg. and my speed requirement is 5 km/hr. how much power is required? if i select maximum 100 rpm after load

@nikhil 300Kg is a force rather than a torque. For more design or concept related questions, can you create a new topic on the RobotShop Forum and provide as many details as possible?

Hello, hope this request fits here into ā€œHow to Interpretā€ DC Motors Specifications. I found specifications for Pulsed, Brushless DC Motors (these are PPM or PWM speed-controlled RC motors) and would like to understand their following specifications (spec table, below, itemized) and their spec meaning. For instance (#3) what is the KV, how to interpret it? Or (#22) Sensored? what kind of sensor, thermal, RPM, etc?

1. RC 30P-Flash-AA-8150KV; 2) TURNS 4.5T; 3) KV 8150KV 4) Rotor ļæ 7.2*ļæ 12.8mm; 5) Pole 2poles; 6) Watts 490; 7) LIPO (1-2Slipo); 8) Max Amp(60S) 108A; 9) Max RPM 50000; 10) Length 52.3mm; 11) Diameter ļæ 36mm; 12) Size 540; 13) Weight(g) 165; 14) Shaft Diameter (inches) ļæ 3.175mm; 15) Length of extend shaft 12.7mm; 16) Meet IFMAR rules Y; 17) Sintered Rotor Magnet Y; 18) stepless timing adjustment Y; 19) Thermal Protection Y; 20) Hand Wound Y; 21) Suitableļ¼ˆESCļ¼‰ TORO TS 120A ESC ; 22) Specification Sensored TS120A ESC

Thank you

@dan We agree that it is a good idea to add brushless motor spec interpretation, but for the moment we have other priorities. For brushless motors, you can get some ideas from the following article as they pertain to drones: https://www.robotshop.com/blog/en/make-uav-lesson-3-propulsion-14785
Note for the sake of minimizing the length of the comments section, we have removed the specifics of the motor from your comment.

Hi, if I want to generate an instantaneous high output power for DC brush motors with nominal voltage 24V, what would you suggest?
Is it feasible to provide 48V in a short time for the motor?

@elliott It will come down to the current, as well as the motorā€™s tolerance to this current. A big advantage to electric motors over gasoline is that they can produce almost instantaneous torque (one of the reasons why the Tesla automobile has such impressive acceleration).

Hi, I want to know the starting current of a 48v 500W dc brushed motor, In the specifications of motor there is no starting current specification.

@prasanna It is best to contact the manufacturer, and will depend on many factors including the load and the propeller used.

Hi, just to be clear if a motor has a holding torque rating of 10Nm it means it can hold a 10kg weight at the end of a 1m arm horizontally? Similarly a holding torque of 1Ncm means it can hold a one kg weight 1 cm away from its center?