Guajardo Robot

Before:

I had no supplies to build chassis. So I had to improvise using the following objects:
  • Protein cardboard bar box (by the way very delicious)
  • 2 DVD protectors that come at the top of the stack when buying DVD's
Main problems were that the chassis could not withstand the weight of the bot board, batteries, and servos and would fold. This would make also make the DVD protectors touch the ground at different angles making the robot move slightly to the left.

After:

After some time, my buddy Heriberto Reynoso, a UTB student, helped me build the chassis. Using plexiglass as a medium, and mainly a bandsaw, we were able to make the overall chassis and the result is seen in the image above. To see materials used visit: Materials Page.

Functions:

At first, the overall programming of this robot was quite puzzling. I was unsure of which pulsouts made the servos spin left or right, I did not even know how to debug the program, but after trying many times, I was able to get the hang of it. My first program made the robot advance forward until the IR-Senor detected something. When it did detect something it would stop. (I did not design the program that way; nevertheless, it did work.)

After testing the programs many more times I was able to start making complexer programs. Eventually, I learned I could use the three buttons on the Bot Board II to execute several programs instead of just one. I took advantage of this and created several programs which can be seen in the videos below.

Up until now this is the list of functions:
  • Obstacle Avoidance
  • Obstacle Following (Sumo-bots)
  • Line Following
  • Wireless Control using a PS2 controller

By pressing the A button on the Bot Board, I get to choose from the first three functions. I made it this way to have all the autonomous programs together. By pressing the B button; however, I can control the robot using a PS2 controller. For example, if I wanted to choose Line Following I would Press the A button since it is an autonomous program, and then I would press the C button as it is the third program.

Here are videos of the robot in action. If you need any help programming yours just e-mail me at [email protected]

For more information visit: http://sites.google.com/site/jaimemguajardo/home/

:)

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://community.robotshop.com/robots/show/guajardo-robot

This is pretty awesome,
This is pretty awesome, really like the tracking of an obstacle!

The use of a game controller for a remote is great pretty cool too.

Thanks!
First reply I get from an online source. :smiley: That is awesome. Haha. I actually want to add a paintball gun on top (eventually on a bigger robot) :stuck_out_tongue:

Plexaglass rules
Nice job, looking good. I am also a big fan of plexiglass. Was wondering if anyone has any experience using a wireless controller with a Parallax basic stamp2.

Not yet
I am going to be working with boe bots soon so I am possibly going to try a wireless controller with it. I can tell you when I have tested it. :slight_smile:

I dont really
I dont really understarn why do u need 2 eyes on it :slight_smile:

it’s too look at both
it’s too look at both extremes. :slight_smile:

say goodbye
i’m gonna dismantle the robot for good :frowning: