FREE Atmel/AVR chips of your choice!

Okay, i know some of you think i'm mad, but if you have an Arduino at home, and want to buy some blank AVR chips on Ebay and bootloader/program them, DON'T! Instead, why not get them totally FREE from the manufacturer themselves? All you need is to do sign up at the Manucfaturer : Atmel website and you are good to go.

Go to the Atmel website and look at the categories at the left side. Go ahead and click on megaAVR or tinyAVR according to your choice. Then choose a model from the numerous varieties of avr chips. Once the page is loaded, click on Request Samples in the box on the top right corner. Then fill in all the details required. I used a fake company name : DanTech and company url : DanTech.blogspot.com. The rest is pretty simple, and i'd be happy to help if you have any hard parts like the notes page. I ordered 10 ATMega328P-PUs and 20 ATTiny85-PUs.

Then, i placed the order and a submition e-mail was sent to me. A few hours later, i got a confirmation e-mail stating that the chips have been shipped out and are on their way. A tracking number was added, as well. 

Have fun with your chips!

P.S. "LETS GO FREE SAMPLE CRAAZY TANIGHT!"

!!!!WARNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!PLEASE REMEMBER THESE ARE BLANK CHIPS THAT NEED BOOTLOADERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WARNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Another method is…

To look under the Buy tab on the home page and select request a sample. That’ll bring you up to a page where you’ll have to select between a registered user or new user. Proceed as is necessary with the common sense you’ve got in excess (as all of us, me included, are talented :P) and you’ll be fine.

Im trying to make an account

Im trying to make an account but it does not accept my email …

That happened to me,

That happened to me, So I made another E-mail

Wow, free stuff are raining

Wow, free stuff are raining this week!!

Created another email

Created another email ad…didn’t work!!!arrrgggh!!!

LOL…

That happened with me. I used both my GMail accounts but they didn’t work, then tried yahoo.com and it didn’t work. Finally, I tried Rocketmail by yahoo and it worked. Make a new email on Rocketmail and it’ll work…

Try rocketmail dude!!

That’s the only mail that seems to work at the moment.

The mail worked but dont seem to be getting the activation e-mail …

How you guys managed to

How you guys managed to enter the valid importer ID? At least for me it’s required, maybe for other countries not?

Patience is the key…
It takes done time for them to send the confirmation email if you don’t have a valid corporate email. Keep calm. If you ordered it this morning, it should be there in your inbox by this evening or night. Keep checking the atmel site for updates on the status of your shipment. They have to confirm your order too.

That wasn’t asked for in my case.
Maybe the chinese have some restrictions in import so that they keep their economy under control. I’m not sure. I have been asked to fill a form for the earlier shipment of motors that I will have to collect today. Maybe it’s something similar.

Mail

Linuxmail worked for me.

company name

as far as i know for american samplers you do not need a company name i just left mine blank when i downloaded avr studio 6

hey

hey but do they charge any shipping charges.

I don’t think so…
Did they ask for your credit card? They didn’t in my case and since they are shipping with UPS, the charges for shipping should be prepaid. But still, there is no guarantee for it.

Free delivery!!

And that too without any hassles right to my doorstep…

Sorry for the initially crappy images.

These ones are no better but give you a bit more detail (later on, I’ll add a few using my 7 MP camera)…

Sorry for the initially crappy images.

Sorry, double post

Here’s my shipment…

Sorry as the images are crappy…

www.infinitytechnologies.blogspot.com   My blog today…