Frame Design

I agree! :laughing:

I’m just an old geezer compared to you kids, I’m 38 years old.

Quick lesson: The more you make, the more you spend, so there is always that need for an extra $20 :laughing:

Oh thanks for that Mike… just gotta love it when some 38 year old pup describes himself as an old geezer. :unamused:

[size=75](just teasing for dramatic effect, I’m not THAT much older than you are.) :wink:[/size]

Well when I hear ages like 15 & 16 it makes me want to go shoping for a shiny new cane.

J/K :laughing:

I’m 34 now, but building robots makes me feel like a kid again, especially since my 3 year old (actually almost 4 year old) has become obsessed with robots as well. It’s a good thing. Sorry to hijack your chassis design thread…

lol, np, its not really going anywhere as of right now considering i got the snow and no work for the next couple of weeks

u bunch a old guys…

:laughing: JK, u arn’t bad, if u wern’t here id like to see we youngins would be with our robot progress :unamused:

well we wouldnt be taking over the world anytime soon now would we :wink:

I’d expect you’d think that we aren’t right now either but Points to secret robot under blanket :smiling_imp: :imp: :smiling_imp:

I must admit that for being as young as some of you, the ideas are awesome, the projects are awesome, and who knows, you might be making robots that rule the world against our will. :laughing:

When that happens, at least I will know who to go to. :smiling_imp:

:open_mouth:shifty eyes acts casual

whispers to italian guy quick, lets get outta here, they’re onto us :open_mouth:

we’re creative little buggers, and i for one, appreciate that compliment wether or not it is directed to me, the youngins here at LM, we’re a rare breed though, as far as i know im the only one in my school who likes robotics, the closest i know is a bud of mine who says he wants to do something in computers programming but he:

1. doesn’t think school is nessecary to be able to work with computers and program, he thinkgs its better that he sits on his computer at home trying to discover everything by clicking and slamming his face on the keyboard
  2. he has not even a clue about programming right now, nor of computers

You’re the smarter person. You friend will learn the hard way. If I could go back, I would pay a lot more attention in school.

to keep you guys preoccupied while i wait to get the money, i will bemaking a series of drawings to show the rover in how i want it to look in its final state.

Sounds good. I will be looking forward to it.

Technically, he is correct. All you really need to learn programming is $50 for a book, a computer and whatever compilers or editors you need. However, if you want to get hired you need a fancy piece of paper :wink:

LMAO!!!

Lets get into out Spy Car!!! :open_mouth:

lol, im the only one interested in robotics at my school too! :open_mouth:

Yup, we are a rare species :slight_smile: Humanoice-Robotoice

Humanoice-Robotoice - The Humanoice-Robotoice likes to gather at online communities and talk about robotics, as well as spend all their money on their robot addiction/hobby.

update on the rover frame:

yesterday i was able to get to lowes and buy the aluminum U channel for the frame. however because of situations i was not able to get working on it till today

i have been working on it since 10-11 this morning and i was able to get a lot done, i got all the pieces measured and cut. for more space inside after an overview of how much will actually be in the rover i decided to expand the frame to 10 in X 15 in, not a big deal i had plenty U channel left over even after this change, another change i made was to use 3 cross members (1 10 in U channel at either nd of the frame and 1 more in the middle) rather than 4, i figured it would be easier to bolt the components down without having to work around the extra cross member

i was able to make bot the “floor” and “ceiling” frames, to hold the cross members in place i use 6-32 counter sinking bolts, i drilled them out and made a counter sink hole and it works like a charm, its incredibly strong, much stronger than i had imagined it would be, i have a hard time flexing it when i try to squeeze it even if im trying my hardest

i have pictures for you but sadly i cant find my USB cable to load them onto the computer, as soon as i am able to i will get them up, i have a steady progress pictures, from the first cuts to the more or less finished frame

Working on it at 10-11 A M? Dont you guys go to school :laughing:

Sounds cool, I look forward to seeing the pictures. 8)

im on srping break this week :smiley:

LUCKY! My Spring Break was in March :cry: