FlowBotics Studio (FBS) starting issue

edit Issue may be related to this topic

Hello, I also have the problem that when creating the app (exe) the app crashes when I enter the app license key.
Is there a solution ?
(Sorry for my bad English)

Thanks

Hi @Sebi,

All generated exectuables currently have an issue running properly for a few customers. We are still investigating the issue but it seems to be related to the call made from the app (exe) to the activation sever / update checks causing the crash.

The code in question does include code for timeout in case this does not work but it seems something else is blocking this from happening and causing it to hang/crash instead.

We have yet to reproduce the issue locally so this leads us to believe an external piece of software and/or Windows (and other software) updates combination(s) are causing the issue and we simply have not found that combination(s) yet.

We’ll add your info to our list. Once we have a completed fix for this we will forward the information to all affected users.

For now the workaround is to run the app inside FBS with automatic update checks turned off (use the attached .REG file [inside a ZIP] below to turn off automatic updates).

Sincerely,

FlowBotics Studio - Check for update (off).reg.zip (392 Bytes)