Dump Position Fault -- Easy Solution

Jan2022 just got the Litter Robot 3. After the first cycle all three lights were blinking in series with the error “Dump Position Fault” in the app. Resetting and cleaning did nothing. Always came back to this error.

Exact behavior of several other posts on here including, Litter Robot III - Dump Position Fault

After research then technical inspection, I FOUND A SOLUTION that was not discussed (AFAIK) on the other threads. The end of the wiring harness that plugs into the Hall-effect Sensor (top of lid over dome) was loose. I simply pulled it out and reinserted it ensuring it went all the way in.

I also double checked the other end of the lid’s wiring, where it inserts into the base to ensure it’s making contact with the two silver spring-paddle style anodes. These can be manually bent out if they are not making contact.

Makes sense to check these connections are good before replacing the entire wiring harness.

1 Like

Hi @BaltimoreBeau and welcome to our forum.

I am glad to hear that you solved the problem.

As I understood you, you opened up the base and then repositioned (inserted them better) two Hall sensors?

1 Like