Cannot connect to litter robot 3 due to power light turning red instead of staying blue

Hi!

I am unable to connect my Litter Robot 3 to the whisker app.

Description:
Following the instructions in the app, I hold the cycle and empty buttons for 3 seconds. The power button briefly turns blue, then quickly turns red and stays that way until I press reset. No Litter-Robot 3 wifi network is available while the power light is red, so I cannot “onboard” my litter robot.

Hardware concerned:
LIter Robot 3

Software concerned:
Whisker app for Android and iPhone (tried with both)

Troubleshooting steps already taken:

1. Tried a hard reset by disconnecting power for 15 seconds while the unit was on
  2. Tried waiting 10+ seconds when the power light was red, and then pressing reset. The power light turns off, but goes back to red on subsequent attempts to enter on onboarding mode (by holding Empty and Cycle buttons for 3 seconds)

Additional information:
From other forum posts it sounds like we might need a new control circuit board. I’m hoping there are other things we can try, or to get information about how to get a new control board if that is the only option.

Thank you so much in advance for your help!

Hello @Schlac,

Welcome to RobotShop community.

We are sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your Litter-Robot.

This is indeed an issue with the wifi module located on the circuit boards so a new circuit board will be needed.

Please provide us with your order number or a copy of the invoice so we can check your warranty status.

Awaiting your reply.

Sincerely,

1 Like

Thank you for your reply @Ebram! I think I have sent you a direct message with our Amazon order number, please let me know if you did not receive it.

Regards,
Schlac

Hello @Schlac,

Thank you for your reply.

We have received the direct message but unfortunately, the order number that you have provided didn’t show any results on our system so you might have ordered it from another store on Amazon or this order number has a typo in it.

If it’s the later, please send us a copy of the invoice so we can confirm.

Awaiting your reply.

Sincerely,

A post was split to a new topic: Litter-robot connect issue