Build a Brain using an Arduino -- Brainduino (Part 1)

Let's build a brain!  Dr. Frankenstein had to go find one for his monster, but that creates all kinds of social and legal problems.  And it doesn't have a convenient interface to our robot.  And it's messy!  So for our robotic monsters we need to make our own.  We'll use an Arduino because... well, just because.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://community.robotshop.com/tutorials/show/build-a-brain-using-an-arduino-brainduino

Nice. Looking forward to the code. I read “Make Your Own Neural Network” by Tariq Rashid. It went through the entire process using a small Python program. Very helpful for my weak mind.

Thanks! I’m writing the second part and the code at the same time. I hope to post it within a few days, maybe a week. We’ll see.

Hello @oldguy,
Well done!
It is surely a complex subject, but I think you detailed it well, it is easy to read with the steps, well divided.
Brainduino is surely the best word to resume the idea!
Looking forward to seeing the other parts!

Thanks!
I am working on part 2 now. I am writing it at the same time I’m writing the code. I hope to have it up “Real Soon Now.”

1 Like

Nice work. I did learn something today thank you @oldguy

1 Like

Thanks!
I hope to have part 2 completed in a week or two.

1 Like

This is great. I’m looking forwards to reading the rest and trying it out for myself. Been thinking about how to attack the AI part of my project for months, this seems to be a nice and “easy” way to start.
:+1:from southern Scandinavia.

1 Like

Thanks!
As I mention, this is a minimal system. An arduino can only support about 40 or 50 neurons, which isn’t much. It is capable of some interesting behavior, though.

40 to 50 is plenty as a proof of concept, but yes, a Raspberry pi or similar is probably the way to go for larger systems.