Botley 2.0 code mode not working. Only moves straight or turns in circles

Hi, I have a similar issue to those posted before me. I put my Botley 2.0 in Coding Mode, but then no matter what program I try to enter, Botley moves forward and then turns left and begins spinning to the left continuously. No input stops it. The only way to stop it is to turn the robot off.

I replaced the batteries in both and turned both robot and controller off and then reset both and turned them back on and the same issue occurred.

My order number is: 5985375
Purchase Date: 2022-06-13

We bought it as a classroom resource through the Rainbow Resource Center via Classwallet.

Thank you so much in advance for your help!

1 Like

Hi @momuse88 and welcome to the forum.

If you hear a negative sound after pressing the TRANSMIT button, try the following:
• Check the lighting. Bright light can affect the way the Remote Programmer works.
• Point the Remote Programmer directly at Botley.
• Bring the Remote Programmer closer to Botley.
• Botley can be programmed a maximum of 150 steps. Be sure a programmed code is 150 steps or fewer.
• Botley will power down after 5 minutes if left idle. Press the center button on top of Botley to wake him up. (Botley will try to get your attention four times before he powers down.)
• Be sure fresh batteries are inserted properly in both Botley and the Remote Programmer.
• Check that nothing is obstructing the lens on the programmer or on top of Botley. Botley’s moves

Thank you and before I reached out myself on this forum I went through all the customary steps that you give to other people as well to no avail. Swapped out the batteries, sat real close, pointed the remote, etc… The problem still persists.

1 Like

Hi @momuse88 !

In this case, I would recommend that you contact Learning Resource support here: https://www.learningresources.com/customer-service

Thank you.

Hi ,

I have the same problem with the robot if my son , did you find a solution ?

Thank you in avance for your return.

Best regards

1 Like

Hi @David8310 and welcome to the forum.

Sorry to hear about the problem.

If the troubleshooting steps mentioned in this topic didn’t help, it is possible that the robot is defective.

Is your robot in warranty?

Thank you.

Hi @igor_X ,

Thank you for your return.

I just found this topic for the moment…I didn t have time to search correctly into the forum if there is the same topic.

I will do it.

But in parallèle I sent an email to the supplier, I Hope they will answer me, and no warranty is finish :confused:.

Thank you

Best regards

1 Like

Good. If you find out something useful from supplier let us know :slight_smile:

I Hope, I sent an email last saturday…off course if I have a return, I will inform the topic here.

1 Like

I have purchased Botely 2.0 and and found this issue (spinning to the left continuously) just after 2 months of usage. This was used sparingly, and now this box is of no use! The customer care doesn’t respond. A failed decision to purchase this.

The issue is one of the wheels stopped working, and the robot keeps rotating on the left. I attempted to open Botley, and found that there is no issue with the wheel motor. You can see white color sockets with red and black wires in the picture, these are the power controller plugs for the wheels. When switched the rotating direction changed. That means the other wheel started working, and the issue is with the power/control supply of this socket.

Now, I am not a hardware/PBC expert, not sure what’s the real problem is. I am posting the circuit picture here, if someone can guide me to help me debug and fix this? Their customer care is not helpful or responding to emails.

1 Like

1 Like

Video of the issue:

1 Like

Hi @geekpack ,

Sorry to hear about the problem.

There are some troubleshooting steps in this guide, but probably not so helpfull:
https://www.learningresources.com/amfile/file/download/file/2249/product/2779/

To which email did you write to the Botley support?

Was this product purchased from RobotShop?

Thank you.

1 Like

Purchased from Amazon.com. Wrote to info[at]learningresources.com

1 Like

Thank you for your reply.

It would be good to contact them via Amazon messages, since they would have to reply there.