Biped walker with 3 servos (Dead Duck Walking)

I want to play with the code

Hi, I have made this robot and I want to mess around with the code and stuff, I can make it walk forward and backwards but is there away I can make something that lets me switch between codes whilst moving around, so for instance im showing it at school and I want to show what it can do to its full potential?Thank you for reading and please try your best to provide me with an answer.

I think I have shown quite a

I think I have shown quite a bit of everything in the code named ‘dead_duck_walking_and_tricks.bas’ - I can only help you that far, you will have to code your own robot from thereon - and if you have not done it yourself, what is there to show? :wink:

If you want a robot to do things based on inputs, finding it’s way etc, I’d suggest you have a look at the top menu, ‘Start Here’

It keeps on walking to the left

Hey, is there any reason why my version of this robot is walking to one side and then end up walking in a huge circle, does the original one walk straight?

No robot or car or anything

No robot or car or anything in this world did ever drive straight.

Some robots turn more to the side than others… and then you ajust them: Code or mechanics. Till they move straight enough :slight_smile:

Hello and could you help me please?:slight_smile:

Hello Frits

nice project! congratulations!!! amazing !!

thanks for all :slight_smile:

I saw the video and then I decided to do the same following your suggestions but using the STM32NUCLEO board.

So the result seems …quite fine and similar to your but I am not completely satisfied with what I did and I have doubts that I hope you can clarify.

So I started from your code but the main problem in my version is the need to “map” degrees in microsec since the servo library I used (mbed compiler) works only with time; but this is not a problem in my opinion (90 degree is 0.5 microsec etc etc). well the problem is that I think the balance servo moves only one side and that means only one leg is raised while the other remains virtually groundedL

Is it correct? I think the balance servo should work in both directions… one time he is moving in one direction and raising his left leg, and the other time in the other direction, raising his right leg, right?

Again: in my version it seems the balance servo doesn’t work in both directions but it seems always oscillates between 0 and 90 degrees (or between 90 and 180 now I forgot it) instead of 90 ± xxx degrees.

Do you understand me? I hope so. Could you help me please to understand better?

Many thanks for your help!!!

Thanks and ciao

Lorenzo

**which type of servors you are using? **

Got a problem with servors.

And the other thing is AXE230 is not available in my country could you please suggest me some other microprocessor which is available in India…I’ve tried it with adruino but the programming is too complicated. Thanks. Waiting for the reply. Hope I get some of my doubts clear. BTW a good project thanks for inspiring engineer’s like us:)