B-Bot - Mark 3.0

This is my B-bot project, It's a personal things gripping butler robot.

Update 02-09-13

A quick update on my robot.

Installed the turning servo.

Control box placed and hooked up.

Also got the first demo code for the turning, video on the side.

Update 19-08-13

After a half year of being busy, i could finally get back working on my robot.

A brand new base design after a day a work.

Basic structure of the base done.

I got a lazy susan for the turning, which is now a lot better.

Update 03-01-2013

At first a happy new year to everyone, and let's have a year full of robots.

Now my robot, got the robot almost complete in the building stage just have to do some small things.

Here are some pics.

Gripper mounted to the robot.

Control pcb made but not working because it's not finished yet.

Robot in it's current state.

Update 28-11-2012

Got a new picaxe board (the other one was not working anymore).

Second arm working.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCWk-txGldM&feature=youtu.be 

Update 29-10-2012

Got the first movement out my robot, and it doing what it's suposed to be.

Update 18-09-2012;

Removed the Up/Down system because the top side of the robot slipped true the gears.

Put on the other arm, and made a other "stand" because the robot's arms don't go Up/Down anymore.

Prototype of the controller of the robot.

All pins brought out to male headers, made it so i can used it again for another robot in the future.

Update 28-8-2012:

One arm in the robot, raised the Up/Down system so there's more rome for the arms.

Still need to create a new "back" for the robot so there's also more room for the grippers.

B-bot standing in his high position,

B-bot standing in his lowest position,

Turn gears and Up/Down gears,

Some lego parts in the Up/Down system,

Old power supply case as Control box,

My personal butler,

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://community.robotshop.com/robots/show/b-bot-mark-3-0

Dude, I love your stuff.

I myself am a big fan of slidy things. Linear motion for all you nerdy folk.

I wanted to put this on your radar, these little parts have been wicked fun to work with. All the 3d printers use LMxxUU linear bearings. The “xx” is the diameter of the rod they slide on. For example, a LM08UU slides on a 8mm rod. If you hit ebay, you can find them for just over $1 each, usually 12 for $20 or so. The “drill rod” they slide on comes from McMaster Carr and is about $7 for 3’ (1 meter). Put simply, these little glides, and the rods, are dirt cheap and work incredibly well for making slidy things. 

BTW, I seem to remember this robot in Sketchup form posted somewhere else. Looked good then, looks even better in real life.

Yeah,

I posted a blog post about it a while ago,

But a little while later my hard drive died, so everything was gone.  But luckly i know every bit and piece of this robot so i didn’t had to redesign the whole robot. So i don’t have the sketchup file anymore.

Can you already mill pcb’s ?? because i have this idea for a status light for this robot,

I can mill PCB’s, yes, but…

There is simply no way I can compete in price, quality or “completeness” (screen print, etc) with other PCB folks. If you need something done, I would highly suggest Dorkbot (now OSH Park). Two week turn over, perfect boards.

Never loose your intellectual output anymore.

Not only as a back up but there is more than one reason to have a source-code versioning system installed. Using such a tool you can not only check-in source-code but also sketchup files, fritzing files or whatever dataformat you have there.

Check out GitHub. You could open a free account, download the nessessary tool-chain and learn how to work with that tool.
From then on you should never loose your intellectual output anymore.

https://github.com/

I have used Dropbox for

I have used Dropbox for several years and just love the application.
I keep all my design and source files in the dropbox and can trace back every saved version of any file.
So have a look at it http://db.tt/SqkUJnO and if you sign up following this link I get some extra free space :slight_smile:

this looks cool! specially

this looks cool! specially the creative way of using cardboards, i remembered back then when i was little lad, i used cardboard for my bot’s structures.

Nice grippers.

Nice grippers.

Oh snap, LEGOS!
Oh legos, how useful and fun you are! Really nice idea with the body and motor setup!