Automated Dynamic Walking Toy

I have this dynamic walking toy that is really fun to play with and decided to automate it - which takes some of the fun out of it but is a nice use of an ultrasonic sensor and standard servo. Surprisingly several problems to overcome to make it work as the toy is very very sensitive to changes in the ramp angle and even support mechanism. 

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://community.robotshop.com/robots/show/automated-dynamic-walking-toy

That’s really cute! I hope you have plans to make scenery around it like a snow capped mountain?

Haha. That would be cool.
I fixed the erratic performance issue - sometimes it would stop but I just added some more weight to the coin (a magnet) and now it never stops.

Originally I was going to have a servo turn Snoopy around at each end of the board and got as far as getting one end set up but didn’t code it and have now lost interest. Am happy to just let it operate on our dining room table until my wife says it has to go.

Is the see-saw type wooden structure used in this project also made by you?

Unfortunately no - I have no wood skills whatsoever. Got Snoopy and the ramp on Taibao (am in China) for ten bucks. That was a good deal.