Arduino Temperature SMS Alarm - 3G GSM Thermal Supervisor System | RobotShop Community

Build yourself your own Arduino temperature SMS alarm - thermal monitoring system having MAXIMUM and MINIMUM temperature thresholds, keep alive messages and (oldies but goldies as) SMS paging and remote ARM/DISARM system. You can supervise one or more 1WIRE temperature sensor(s) and page via SMS the “heating and chilling events” and keep alive messages, including last temperature.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://community.robotshop.com/blog/show/arduino-temperature-sms-alarm-3g-gsm-thermal-supervisor-system

sir,may i request how to do project arduino uno r3 connect with gsm module and pulse sensor for my last semester project.

@eone We have removed your e-mail for privacy reasons. Please read the guide here for details. RobotShop also offers many GSM modules with complete instructions.

Useful, can you please share the code when using Arduino UNO r3, LM35 temperature sensor and GSM?

@Tupokal: Simply use the code example in the article and replace the sensor code with a library for the LM35. In the Arduino IDE, open up the Library Manager and search for LM35. You will find at least two libraries that you could use. Of course, your wiring will be different also, since you will be using a different sensor. If you have more issues or questions that are technical in nature, please open a new topic here.

@Sebastien: I am not able to open a new topic due to new users registration errors. I am as well new to arduino programming. If you could include the LM35 code to the code example it will be of great help to me. Thanks.

@Tupokal: For any issues with accessing features of our website, please open a support ticket here. Simply choose the Webmaster department. As for code for the LM35, as mentioned previously libraries with examples already exist. You will need to do a bit of work on reading about it and understanding the example code to modify it for your needs.

I think there is scarcity of temperature and power monitor combination. I suggest to enhance this with rechargeable battery pack, and add sensor for power input. This way the system will send alerts/sms for temperature and power events. This combination is rarely available.

Hi, I’m planning on making a solar powered remote thermometer that I can get updates on from my phone, I was introduced to Arduino just recently and wanted to ask if you think this project would be the best option to do so?
Thanks!

@oz kaynan: This could certainly work for your project. That being said, if it is the “best option” depends on your criteria, such as cellular communication used, power, battery power source, etc. There are plenty of things to consider here to determine if this is the best option. As a rule of thumb, if the project is new for you, the best is to start with something that has the most information/example/tutorials available to ensure a successful/working prototype. Once you have that, you can start improving and optimizing. But a working prototype (possibly a minimum viable product) is the most important first step. With that in my mind, the “best option” would then become the one that is most likely to work out the first time.

@Shanavas: That is certainly a good point. In most cases, if the system has an analog input (pretty much all AVR chips do, such as the ones used in Aruidno/Arduino-compatible microcontroller boards), you can simply connect your power input to a voltage divider (i.e.: two resistors) and the output of the voltage divider to your analog input pin. If you are using a microcontroller/microprocessor (ex: RPi) without an analog input, you can connect the voltage input to an ADC circuit that provides a digital interface, as an alternative.
As a side note, the article does mention using a lithium polymer battery, which is a rechargeable battery. Please note the board in this article also has charging ability.