Apod COVER.....italian design

HI…
I’m working on a new project:
the APOD COVER.
That is a little preview of this work.
a LEG
the entire LEG cover is made by 5 different parts for to make it fit better to the mechanics during each movement.
It’s made in Nylon (3d printing) and it can be painted it for to customize each parts.
LEG…
3.PNG

with mechanics

Woah … that looks AMAZING! :smiley:
Nicely done! 8)

Very nice design. cant wait to see it fully suited.
I assume it just clips directly to the SES?

I also assume its Shapeways?
Is your shop open?

That’s a very appealing design. Once it’s finished and everything is fitter properly, consider making some money via the RobotShop Accelerator program.
robotshop.com/accelerator.html

Very nice as always… :wink:

How do you address the servo wiring? Something I’m trying to address on my Fire Ant.

Alan KM6VV

Thanx to everybody!!!
I’m happy that You like my work!
I’m finishing the other part of the body,and when all it’ll done I’ll open the shop in shapeways,so in this way anyone will can take each part…also separated…also in different materials .
The parts of the Suit clips directly on SES,but same parts (leg and feet) in my Apod are ( maybe ) a little different from the original one,so I’d need the right dimension ( better the drawing ) of the original leg for to check that everything is good.Can sameone help me?

Thanx Benson C.
For sure I’ll take in consideration it!!
For to tell the true I did’nt knew this service before now

Even with a CAD drawing, it’s best that you be able to test it “in real life” rather than just virtually. If your project is accepted to the accelerator program, we may be able to send you the parts for free.

Finally it’s finished!
I hope you 'll like it, this is my work:
2.PNG

Just wow…!

Now to find 3D glasses…

You certainly have talent! Suggest making them thin-walled to make 3D printing faster or possibly use vacuum forming.

stole my sons 3D glasses. Very cool. 8)

First Phoenix and now A-Pod!

Wow, this is truly awesome! :smiley: Excellent work, you sure got talent! I like it.

Looking forward to see it on a live A-Pod.

I think we have some 3D glasses, somewhere… :unamused:

I put pictures in 3D also for to have a better idea of the shapes,during my works I use often it:-)
I 've dicided to order only Leg’s pieces for now , considering that it’s a sensible part for the movements,and all test are good!
Every part has an STL file ready to be printed,but print all parts with shapeways is much expensive,so ,as told me from C.Benson,I writed to Robotshop and I’m wait an answer…

I don’t know if you know, but putting all the parts in a big .slt is cheaper at shapeways.

yes shapeways is expensive. i do a lot of ordering from them…

alot of it is prototyping and so im always being charged lots of shipping just for very small parts. :cry:

but as eric said if you stack the parts into one STL its cheaper. the file will (if over 20cm3) be eligible for discount.
i531.photobucket.com/albums/dd355/innerbreed/huggerlayout030113_zpsb0d01f96.png

“volume and density discount on Strong & Flexible materials. For models that are greater than 10% dense (material volume divided by bounding box volume), after the first 20cm3, the remaining volume is calculated with a 50% discount.”

Yes I know,make all parts in a one big stl file is cheper then print parts one by one…also if we consider the shipment expedition.
I’m curious to know how much can cost to print it all but before to sent stl file to shapeways I’ll wait the Robotshop reply.

Oh I love this image. You have a very cool style. Like the tag also.
What are you using to render your work?