6 Legged Tiny Robotic Spider

Hi LMR people!

I'm building a little hexapod, just for fun. It uses 3 tiny 3g servo's (from ebay). all the legs are constructed using the inside of terminal blocks. For making a link between 2 of them you can easily cut off the head of a screw.

I used double sided tape to put everything together. tough I still needed one tire-wrap.

everything is placed onto a 4,8 volt accu pack, making the body.

I will ad a PIC micro-controller, probably a 16f628A. For obstacle avoidance I will add 2 IR leds and an TSOP 1738 infrared receiver.

Next to my 2 more bigger robots i liked to have a smaller robot wandering my desk. Hope you like it..

Walks around using 3 micro-servo's

• Actuators / output devices: 3 micro servo's
  • Control method: autonomous
  • CPU: Pic microcontroller
  • Power source: 4.8VDC battery pack
  • Programming language: Picbasic Pro
  • Sensors / input devices: 2 infra-red eyes
  • Target environment: indoor and outdoor

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://community.robotshop.com/robots/show/6-legged-tiny-robotic-spider

Fantastic!

this robot has FANTASTIC design!!! I cant wait to see this with obstactle avoidance!!

Innovative design :wink:

Innovative design :wink: …Like it.

Please attach the MC that we can see it walking around :slight_smile: Stills are good for a first peek but we need moving pictures ;-)))

Very Good

I like it…

I like it !

Nice result !

I posted something similar a few weeks back - https://www.robotshop.com/letsmakerobots/node/26783 I particluarly like how neatly it’s packaged.

I find that the mini servos are holding up exceptionally well ( if a little greedy on power) and it weighs quite a it more than 160g, so I don’t think you’ll have a problem .

Curently mine operates from signals picked up from an old TV remote . I was toying with mounting an old devantech sonar to it, but haven’t tried it out yet - I’d be interested to know how you get on.

I’ve recently been doing some cosmetic stuff on mine to make it more Bug-ish and intend to post some more video soon, as it’s now learned to boogie a bit.

I cant believe nobody has said it yet
Video! I like the design, let’s see it stomp around :slight_smile:

hi

nice robots is possibel you give the draw?

if I had I would give him…

if I had I would give him but I have no drawing
First I taped the servos
Then I just started with some wire bending, and soon it looked like this.

The plan for now is:
  The circuit board comes attached with the 2 screws. the TSOP in the middle, 2 IR LEDs facing outwards.

Very nice design!

I love the way this thing is designed! What are you using as legs? Is it just normal electrical wire? Which surface area does it has?

Thanks!

Thanks for the nice comments!

I did got that metal wire for free once. It’ isn’t electrical wire but more rigid. like coat hangers or something. or a nail. I just measured it’s 2 mm thickness (not mm2).