6 DOF Robotic Arm (A.R.M.)

Hi

I'm currently building a robotic arm as a graduation project, which I named A.R.M. (Articulated Robotic Manipulator).

I would like to add that I'm following some courses about inverse kinematics and basic programming at the moment.

Some specifications:

- 6 DOF

- Reach: 1 m

- Payload: 2000 g

- Power source: 48-55V DC

- Budget: +- €1500

Progress:

The mechanical design is completed and the robot is being built at the moment.

I've ordered the drives and I'll be buying an arduino soon. 

Problems:

• I've calculated the needed torque for each motor (stepper motors will be used) via static calculation. This had to be done fast, so I've used big margins. Still, I would like a dynamic calculation to add to my thesis. If anyone has tips for this, help is much appreciated! On the Internet I often find static calculations, and I'm wondering if anyone bothers to do a dynamic calculation? I also didn't find dynamic calculators, where there is an abundancy of static calculators (some better than others).
  • I'm looking for a cheap gripper of other actuator, but this seems to be harder than I thought.. 
  • I'm wondering what the next steps are, since this is my first project. 

Kind regards

Matthieu

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://community.robotshop.com/robots/show/6-dof-robotic-arm-a-r-m

Thank you

Thank you for your reply!

The dynamic calculation is the calculation of the needed torque when the different parts of the robotrobot are moving. That’s where I’m stuck at the moment. A couple of years ago I’ve learned how to do it by hand, but simulation software of some sort would certainly make my life a bit easier! 

I’ve already bought the steppers and drivers. I’m using gearboxes to reduce the needed torque… The robot will not be fast, but when there is a bigger budget (maybe next year) they could use industrial servo motors. My supervisors (don’t know if this is the correct word) said my static analysis is alright, so I hope I don’t run into any surprises.

The gripper is only for testing, so it doesn’t need to be able to lift/hold 2 kg.

And last: if someone has an ‘easy’ method of working out the inverse kinematics, please feel free to share it!

can u please send details of the calculations and how you calculated the torque and other data regarding the arm

Hello
I would like to ask did you finally figured out how to calculate the inverse kinematics?
Thanks,
Shiri Blumenthal

Hello,
Look this site:

@ Digidi67