|This contest’s theme is mBot Rescue Robot. Entrants must design their own rescue robots based on mBot, which can be used in some rescue scenarios.
|The contest will be held online, i.e. the Makeblock official website Openlab section.
|From 12:00 a.m. PST on Sep 21st 2016 to 11:59 p.m. PST on Dec 5 th 2016. Online voting starts September 21, 2016.
|Open to primary or middle schol students (10-16 years old). Both individuals and teams can enter the contest. But there must be no more than three people in one team.
|Entries should primarily consist of mBot robot kit and Makeblock mechanical or electronic parts. Entrants must upload the following items to Openlab: 1) Photos or videos of entries; 2) Source code; 3) Building steps; 4) Part list
mBot Robot Kit |
mBot Robot Line Following
- Creativity: 30%
- Technology: 20%
- Application: 20%
- Completeness and Function exhibition: 30%
- The contest is divided into two phases. The first phase is online voting. The second phase is final judge process.
- In the first phase, the voting results on both Openlab and SNS will be tallied. The top 10 entries can enter the final while the top 11-25 entries will be selected as the memorial prize winners.
- Voting period is also from 12:00 a.m. PST on Sep 21st 2016 to 11:59 p.m. PST on Dec 5th 2016.
- In the final, a panel of judges made up of 4-6 people, including Makeblock staff and respected makers/professors from different countries, will rate the finalists on the basis of the judging criteria.
- The winners will be announced within 48 hours of the deadline on the contest web page and be notified through emails.
mBot Robot Display |
mBot Line Following
|One Grand Prize winner can choose to receive a $1000 voucher for any Makeblock product or $1000 cash award.
|Three First Prize winner can choose to receive a $500 voucher for any Makeblock product or $500 cash award.
|Six Second Prize winner can choose to receive a $200 voucher for any Makeblock product or $200 cash award.
|Fifteen Memorial Prize winner will receive a Makeblock prize pack including a Makeblock T-shirt and five fridge magnets.
Wondering what a robot for this competition might looks like and do? Take a look at the mBot Rescue Robot example below for an idea:
What does it have?
This custom mBot Rescue Robot has four sensors, including:
1x Me Ultrasonic Sensor,
1x Me PIR Sensor,
1x Me Temperature and Humidity Sensor
1x Me Gas Sensor.
mBot Contest Example
What does it do?
• mBot is so small and flexible that it can go deep into the dangerous and complicated disaster scene.
• With the Ultrasonic Sensor, mBot can detect the obstacles and avoid them.
• With the PIR Sensor, mBot can perceive the survivors and increase the rescue efficiency.
• With Temperature and Humidity Sensor and Gas Sensor, mBot can detect whether temperature and humidity surpass the safe levels or whether there is a gas leak.
• mBot can sound the buzzer and light the LED for warning.
mBot Customiztions |
Do you already have a MakeBlock
mBot and need additional parts? Take a look at our selection of MakeBlock construction kit parts and accessories
. You'll fid everythign from sensors and cables to frame components and more. Don't have an mBot? You can find mBot construction kits, as well as a variet of other MakeBlock kits