Yellow flashing light RobotLitter

Hello,

My Litter Robot has this yellow flashing light which should indicate a pin problem. I can only find the pinch detect which are touching. I’m not really handy and i won’t be able to replace them.

Is there a way to send the litter to you so you can fix it ?

thanks a lot
have a good day

Hello @CorentinA,

Welcome to RobotShop community.

We are sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your Litter-Robot.

Please provide us with your order number or a copy of the invoice.

Does the blue light blink slowly if you press the “Reset” button?

Awaiting your reply.

Sincerely,

Thanks for your answer

yes, the blue light does blink slowly as if the robot was full.
should i DM you the order number ?

have a good day

Hello @CorentinA,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, please send the order number in a private message so we can check the warranty status.

Awaiting your reply.

Sincerely,

Hello @CorentinA ,

The robot is still under the warranty.

Please try to clean the 2 green circuit boards and the 2 plastic brackets of the DFI sensor using isopropyl alcohol and a Q-Tip to remove any rust or dust from them.

Here’s a video to help you locate these parts:

We will also need to see the 3 pairs of contact pins shown in the following videos:
Anti-Pinch Pins:

Bonnet’s Pin:

Base’s Pin:

No need to take them out of the robot, we only need to see them from the outside.

Awaiting your reply.

Sincerely,

Hello
Here are as much pictures as i could do, i’m sorry but i’m really not good with repair stuff

Isn’t there just a way to send you the base ? I can’t do much more

Hello @CorentinA ,

The pictures are clear enough.

The issue you are having would require replacing the DFI sensor and the base contact pins.

We can send them to you or you can send us the robot for repair under the warranty.

The repair is fully covered by the warranty but it usually takes a few weeks till the robot is back to you.

Which option do you prefer?

Awaiting your reply.

Sincerely,

Great news !

I would gladly send you the robot. I’m located in France, where’s the closest repair shop ?
Thanks a lot for your answer

Hello @CorentinA ,

The repair center is located in the Netherlands and the exact address will be provided by our repair department once we forward you to them.

You will need to send us the base, the bonnet, and the power supply of the robot. No need to ship the drawer and the globe.

You can place the globe over the waste drawer and use them as a stationary litter box until the rest of the robot gets back to you.

We suggest a box dimension of 24 “wide x 18” deep x 24 "high. The Bonnet should be put in the box upside down on top of the litter base.

We will first need the following:

1- Shipping address.
2- Phone number.
3- Serial number located on the back of the robot.

You can send us this information in a private message for more security.

Awaiting your reply.

Sincerely,

Hello @CorentinA ,

Very well, we will send you the replacement parts first.

We will forward you now to our replacement department to carry on with the process.

You will be contacted shortly with further details about the shipping.

Have a lovely day, stay safe.

Sincerely,

Hello

So i received what you sent me but i think the parts you sent me are not the same as i should have.

I used this tutorial : Litter-Robot 3 DFI Kit + Pinch Detect Terminals Installation - YouTube

But as you can see in the picture, i got sent some small motherboards (i think it is ?) instead of the long one. Is this an error ?

Thank you
Have a good day

Hello @CorentinA ,

No, this is not a mistake.

This is the new version of the DFI sensor and it’s compatible with your robot.

Please install the small circuit boards inside the new brackets that came with them and then install the brackets into the base as shown in the video that you have watched.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Sincerely,