Yellow Drum Machine II

LOLZ
LOLZ

Hey, Hush! Get off the back

Hey, Hush! Get off the back of my business associates, you!!

/ Fritsl

anyway… this only means

anyway… this only means that your robots not only are smart, but cute and fun =P

Gratz fritsl

Awesome new video. That last

Awesome new video. That last shot is just great :slight_smile: You’re so good at making interesting videos.

That robot is looking really good. Maybe I’ll have to enter this Audiofile contest :slight_smile:

Dan

microcontroller
How does a person connect to a microcontroller?

There are a variety of jacks

There are a variety of jacks along the spine and head - Here is a picture for reference

For connecting a computer to a micro-controller, a serial cable is usually the only thing necessary

Most microcontroller development circuits download code from the computer to the microcontroller through this interface, although some microcontroller development boards use the usb port instead of a serial.

Connecting a computer to a microcontroller during “run time”, if your robot is composed of both a computer and a microcontroller can be done in a variety of ways:

1. computer parallel port -> digital input of microcontroller
2. computer serial -> serial input of microcontroller
3. microcontroller output -> computer serial or parallel port

These connections can be through wires, or if the computer is to be stationary and the microcontroller is on a mobile platform, the serial information can be transmitted via RF or IR.

The list goes on but I’m sure you get the idea.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

GroG

ME WANTS IT! LEMME KNOW WHEN
ME WANTS IT! LEMME KNOW WHEN I CAN WINZORS IT :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I think you will find the

I think you will find the answers to your questions posted around on this site by clicking "Start here" in the top menu :slight_smile:

/ Fritsl

What, you don’t have

What, you don’t have connector jacks in the back off your head and spine? Geeze, I feel so exposed and embarassed.

Dude, So cool!!! Yet
Dude, So cool!!! Yet another bench mark that will take me forever to get to!! Awesome job with YDM II especially with the new speaker placement! Did you use the same basic code for YDM II as you did for YDM I or did you re-write it? I am just getting ready to start Ziltoid II with some sound so I will really be going back and checking out YDM I for insight.

nice videos =P will it be a

nice videos =P will it be a YDM III? hehe i can’t think what more can you improve…

gratz

That turned out great. And

That turned out great. And you’re just as good at making videos as you are at making robots :slight_smile:

Dan

Thank you :slight_smile: / Fritsl

Thank you :slight_smile:

/ Fritsl

I like the guitar and

I like the guitar and keyboard accompanyment. Maybe you need a guitar playing robot? Let me know so I can buy stock in the company that makes the servos. You would need a ton! I hope it didn’t drum on the baby!

Don’t sweat the petty things. Don’t pet the sweaty things.

Very nice work Frits

Excellent work Frits,
now that ymd II is all grown up and moving to america, what are the details of the competition? will he write you? or maybe just send you morse code?

my mum thinks that its cute
my mum thinks that its cute and your really smart cos i just showed it too her. =)

Just enter www.audiofile-engineering.com over and over! :smiley:

(I do not have much details right now, am just humble builder, will get back)

/ Fritsl

It’s sweet how attached you

It’s sweet how attached you get to your robots. Just like me :slight_smile: Hehe, that farewall video reminds me of a similar video I once made – back in college I had two objects I was really fond of – one was a big cardboard cutout of Bart Simpson that a friend found in a thrift store and bought for me, and the other was a plastic alien head that another friend found on the side of the road and decided that I’d like it. Somebody had written “THAD” on the forehead of the alien, so that was his name from then on. And then when I graduated from college and went back to Puerto Rico for the summer, I left some things with my girlfriend while I was gone, and then she broke up with me and threw away my stuff, including Bart and Thad. I was so distraught when I learned that they were gone, that I prepared this Flash video in tribute to their passing. I miss you, Bart and Thad.

Dan

Not to worry Frits,I’ll take

Not to worry Frits,

I’ll take good care of your baby.

GroG

wow
the cutest, craziest, sweet robot i’ve ever seen. dude…!!! perfect!