XL-320 servos and screws

Hello,

I bought from Robotshop a bunch of XL-320 servos for a biped project. My inspiration is the Darwin Mini (hence the XL servos). I 3d printed some Darwin Mini parts as the startup of my project, but now I have a question:

According to the Darwin Mini parts list (and instructions), I need 4mm M2 screws to join the 3d printed part to the servo. I have some screws at home which I’m pretty sure are M2 screws, but I can be mistaken.

I tried screwing both parts, but while the screws fit well in the 3d printed part, I can’t figure out how to screw it into the servo horn. The holes in the horn are way too small…

In the parts list, the part from which I determined that it is indeed M2 screws is the CHS_M2_0x04_TAP. Theirs are plastic pins (and not screws), but I saw plenty of people online that have 3d printed the entire robot and used screws instead.

Do you know where I screw up?

Thanks,

(see attachment to understand what I’m talking about)

Darwin Mini Parts.jpg

The OLLO series really uses rivets, so if you use screws, you will be threading the plastic. Machine screws will not be easy, so you might use wood screws.