Xbee Live Conference

Call for conference guests

Who is interested in the upcoming Skype Conference on the advanced features of Xbees? The conference will be broadcast as a special live episode of the video (help-) show.

We are looking for a suitable and practical time slot. Hopefully some time this weekend. Can I hear some suggestions?

Anyone interested in watching (listening to) the conference? Let us know if you like.
Anyone interested in actively participating in the conference? Make sure to respond in this very thread!

The following subjects have been suggested so far (please add more):
- Xbee error correction
- Xbee signal strength measuring
- Localization, using signal strength
- Localization, using directional antennas and triangulation
- Range boosting

Update: The Conference is on Saturday 18 Sep 2010 at 20:00 GMT. That is the same time of day as the usual show.
Attendees, please prepare! Get a Skype account and make friends with lmrhelp.

Further suggested topics include:

- using the Xbee's built in digital and analog I/O pins. Analog out is in PWM format so a RC filter should be used if you want true analog in / analog out.
- programming a picaxe - cannot be done because of a command used by the picaxe bootloader. Debug works fine. Don't forget the picaxe needs the logic inverted.
- point to point and multipoint networking

Update: The conference notes are here.

I’d be interested

I’d be interested listening/watching and if you can add point to point and multipoint networking, I think that would be an interesting couple of topics.

I am very interested in

I am very interested in listening and watching, but I’m afraid I can not contribute with much. My Xbees should arrive this week and I’m intending to use them with Picaxe, so information about interfacing with Picaxe would be appreciated.

Weekend sounds good, as

Weekend sounds good, as during the week at 4PM I’m at work. I got a pair of xBees (MaxStream with ceramic antenna) on regulated boards from SparkFun. These boards can be used directly on Arduino, but to be connected to the FTDI cable the Tx and Rx have to be swapped. I did not used them yet, I still need to get 6 pin female headers and solder them on. So, I am really interested to see how to set them up for a computer to robot wireless serial connection.

It depends on what time it

It depends on what time it is on but I would be interested in watching the show. 

I suggest 4 PM Saturday, East Coast Time

Should accommodate most people.

I concur

This amounts to the same time of day as the regular show: 20:00 GMT.

I will host the conference. Hopefully Chris will be available to co-host and take care of the audio mixing and video streaming.

Chris is in

Just talked to the carpenter. He is game. Which is good, because he’s got the audio mixer and I don’t.

me too :=) if there are free

me too :=) if there are free slots.

slots?

I’m not sure what you mean by “free slots”. Just to be clear:

Everybody can watch. No organization needed Just tune in at the announced time. Or watch the recorded show later.
Anyone can actively participate through Skype. Make it know here that you want to be a part of the conversation. Make friends with Skype contact “lmrhelp” in advance. Don’t call us, we will call you. Kill the ustream audio when the phone starts ringing. Or wear headphones.

doubts

hi

i buy a bluethoot module, and it work at 3.3v, so this schematic works, or not…i just want communicate to program the picaxe…

thanks

Pedro Bernardes (sorry if my english is not very well…)

doubts

hi

i buy a bluethoot module, and it work at 3.3v, so this schematic works, or not…i just want communicate to program the picaxe…

thanks

Pedro Bernardes (sorry if my english is not very well…)