X.3 ROver

Good luck on converting those B-8 servos to full rotation - I get the feeling that you’re going to need it. As I said before, it may be possible to do it, but I wouldn’t advise trying to do it.

You stated before that you wanted the total length to be maybe 4 inches.
Two Hitec HS-422 servos laid end-to-end come to around 4.2 inches, including the mounting tabs - maybe 3.2 if you were to cut them off and mount the servos some other way. HS-422s would give you a lot more torque, a much more robust drivetrain, and are FAR easier to convert to full-rotation than the B-8 servos will be.

Then again, it’s your project.
You asked us for advice, and a number of us have given it to you, in the interest of helping you to achieve your goals and minimize your frustrations.
What you choose to do with it is your decision.

how many time has that happened :confused: Im affraid I lost count :open_mouth:

well i geuss
that i can use the hs-422’s
i can just take them out of my
other project!!! :smiling_imp:

You’ll be sadly disappointed. Aside from the fact that you’ve been informed they are difficult to convert, they will be lacking in power to drive your tracks. The guys here are right. Listen to their advice. Just because you don’t have a part, doesn’t mean you can substitute it with anything you have on hand.

i said that i will use the hs-422’s
havn’t you red the above post?

LOL. You are asking me if I read the last post. I doubt I’m the only one that sees the irony in that. I commented on using the 8gram servos because you gave the impression you didn’t want to remove the 422’s from your other project (unless I misunderstood the devil smiley and !!!'s). You’ve proven that regardless of what you say you are doing, you may do something totally different from one minute to the next. Even if it is something you were advised not to do. I was assuming you would try to use the 8 gram servos anyways. If I was wrong, I apologize.

?? Im not, reread the posts. :stuck_out_tongue:

no every one else is
like your telling me to use the 422’s
(I MABY WRONG)

no, I say to use motors.

oh yea thats right
sorry :frowning:

hey guys
i think im going to skip
doing this project for a while
because i allready have a simple project that im working on
it called the hexpod

i will have the walking gaits
ready in a couple months
so ill keep ya updated
now lets see that
huge scout of yours evolution :smiley:

You sure got alot of projects on the go. You’re brain is going to expode. LOL

Trust me, I know. :wink:

I’m waiting on my Form Bending Machine to arrive to make the rest of the brackets. Should be here by the end of the week.

What is your hexpod? Is that the name of it or do you mean hexapod?

well its a simple project just like the EH-1
it only uses three servos
the reason why im doing this project is to
get better at working with aluminum
thats right he hexpodis going to be made out of aluminum
its going to have a small pan and tilt on it
its going to be controlled by a ps2 controller
and the hexpod is not going to be micro
just a reguler old sized hexpod :laughing: