Working with ESC M10A and Pololu micro maestro

Hi all,

I got 10 kits that consist of:

So far, I’ve been able to move the servomotors correctly, connecting them to the Pololu and sending position commands using Python (github FRC4564/Maestro). However, when trying to work with the brushless motor and ESC I only got it to turn in one direction. I have also connected the Pololu board on a windows computer and used their GUI tool to verify it, and I get the same results. The motor starts turning at 532us and increases speed up to 2622us all within the same rotation direction. I have not been able to make it rotate in the other direction.

I have checked the AC voltages between the 3 phases of the motor and they are ~6 V. My battery pack is 6 x AA and it’s currently reading 8.9V.

Can anyone let me know how to change rotation direction or if there’s something I am doing wrong?

Kind regards,

Miquel

Hello @miquelmassot and welcome to the RobotShop community,

You need a reversible ESC, like this one for example:

You can find more information about this here:

I hope that helps!

Hi Geraldine,

thanks for your reply. I did not come across reversible / non-reversible ESCs. I cannot find this detail in the description for the ESCs I bought.
This means that this ESC is only programmed to follow a phase order. Is there any way to upload a new firmware to it? It’s got no documentation at all.

Kind regards,

M

Unfortunately, as you mentioned there is no documentation on how to program this function. The only available documentation can be found here:
http://www.suppomodel.com/ESC/Simple_options_for_20A30A40A_programming.pdf

However, if you’d like to you could contact the manufacturer directly to see if it is possible to program it: [email protected]