Wonder Dash robot arrived today but firmware updates failing

My wonder dash robot arrived today.
I put it on charging, installed the app on IPad and IPad Pro (both are new) and connected the app with the robot.
On connection, the app asked me that the robot requires update. So I pressed the update button.

The progress bar showed like at 1% or so.
The robot started moving its head up and down and making barking like noise. (dog effect)
After a little waiting the progress bar did not move and the update failed asking me to try again.

I tried again but the same.
I tried restarting the app and restarting the robot but no change.
I tried to update while the robot was on charging and while it was off charging still no change. The update kept failing.

I downloaded the Blockly app and the Go app but they behave exactly the same when updating.

Basically, the apps keep asking me to update but the update won’t work so I cannot use the robot.

Hi,

That is very unfortunate. It sure sounds like it is having an abnormal behavior. This manufacturer typically requests that customers contact them directly for support with technical issues, especially when about defective robots.
You can contact them at [email protected].

If you do not receive a response within a few days, please do not hesitate to contact us here and we will contact the manufacturer on your behalf.

Sincerely,