With 6 watts DC Can I move 10KG, 10cm in about 20 seconds then return to original position and stop?

I am trying to push about 10Kg, 10cm straight and then return the arm to the original position. I want to do this once only when power is sent to the device. On the return the load would be minimal. The goal is to complete the first motion of 10cm in about 20 seconds. I am trying to do this with as little power as possible. Can this be done with 6 watt? Or do I need more power? less would be very helpful. Also can the relay switch or board be as very small or programmed directly into the device itself?

Any help is much appreciated as I am new to this world.
Thanks

1 Like

Hi @InDemand and welcome to the forum.

Regarding which robotic arm is this question about?

Also, you mentioned programmed device. Which one are you using?

It is not clear from your message which system you have at the moment.

Thank you.

Hi @igor_X, I am using this system as a stand alone unit. I am attempting to push a piston closed and then open it again, as described above. I am considering something like this L16-100-150-12-S from Actuonixs but open to other suggestions. THanks for any input you can share.

1 Like

Hi @InDemand and thank you for your reply.

I’ve used this online linear actuator force calculator to see what would be theoretical actuator force: Linear Actuator Force Calculator

I’ve used the values from your first message and I assumed friction coefficient of 1, and it gives following result:

If we look at the datasheet for L16-100-150-12-S from Actuonix, stroke is good (100mm = 10cm), speed for 150:1 model is 8mm/s which is higher than 5mm/s, and max force when lifting is 200N, so I think this actuator can be a good choice for you.

A smaller one, that potential could do this job and would consume less power would be L12-100-210-12-S but it is not sold by RobotShop at the moment.