Wire to use to hook up motors and servos

i recently ruined my 2 gm-9 motors because i soldered the wire to the board and to the 2 motors, and i moved the motors around to get the balance right. i snaped the copper connections off of the 2 motors because the wire was so stiff that it just tourqed them off.

Can i use a different kind of wire? What kind of wire should i use that will have more give than this stiff hookup wire?

Wire is wire. Unless you are

Wire is wire. Unless you are doing high voltage or hi-fi.

Just pick the wire that works well for you…

Tape, hot glue etc can be a good thing to support the little copper thingeys.

motor holder

would something like this work for you?

http://www.mutr.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=13_434&products_id=1331&osCsid=d22788111677432f07f3cf166c9a16f9

cool, i’ll use some wire
cool, i’ll use some wire from this old computer power supply i have, should give a little more and me more delecate on the little prongs. i’ll also use hot glue to brace those things, once they are soldered on.

I know what you mean about
I know what you mean about the wire, I’ve got some 18 gauge stranded stuff where the strands are thick and the wire is overall stiff. I also have some 12 gauge stranded wire I have has a higher strand count and smaller strand wire perfect for motors, very bendable. see if you can go to an electronics store or maybe a hardware store…they might have something

Ribbon cable, dude.
Steal the ribbon cable from the inside of an old computer. --Right guage, right size, wicked flexable and you can snip off as many connectors as you need!

Old computer wires
Those wires that connect the motherboard to the case bits are good too, for LEDs, reset button, etc.

LMR “Wire” component

The wire component is here.

Strain relief

I think the most important thing is to add some sort of strain relief, as you suggest with the hot-glue. Another way would be to use a cable tie to attach the wire to the body of the motor. That way, if you tug the wire, the strain is taken by the cable tie, and not by the soldered connection to the motor, or the motor terminals.

Previous?
Which statements are the not entirely true ones?

I was referring to the "wire
I was referring to the “wire is just wire” statement. I’ve fried more wires working with low voltage equipment than I have with high voltage equipment. AC vs DC also makes a huge difference.