Will this still work with a more powerful dc motor?

So I have this project(RC Multipurpose planter with solar panel) for my final year in mechanical engineering, and i have  been researching on electronic schematic diagrams. I don't have much knowledge on making circuit diagrams so i searched for one.

And this is what i have found, a simple and small diy remote controlled robot schematic diagrams. (See site and pics) 

(Credits to the publisher)

https://diyhacking.com/remote-control-car/

RCC-2-min.jpg

Transmitter Circuit:

Receiver Circuit:

It is relatively simple and easy to build. I think this is gonna work for my project.

However...

I'm gonna need a larger dc motor since the weight of my robot is about 30kg (about two 40W power of a 12VDC motor)(Moving at 2km/hr). And im gonna add a solar panel for recharge-ability and sustain.

My questions are:

1. Will this still work and not fry up even if i use a larger motor? (Since ill have a larger motor, ill have a higher amperage for a constant 12V DC motor)

2. How do i configure this circuit to meet my required power to drive my 30kg robot.

3. How and where do i install my solar panel?

4. Any recommendations?

5. Im new, dont judge. (Not a question XD)

Motor control

You need to calculate the force (power) required accelerate 30kg from 0 to .55m/s in XXX seconds. There are online torque converters. Knowing the wheel diameter and gear ratio you can then scale to raw motor power. You also need to allow for losses while in motion. I would then double or tipple that as a safety factor. You may find working in Watts to be more convenient. Once you have the power required you can easily get the Amps. The motor driver chip spec will have exact limitations allowed for long term (greater than a few seconds) operation.

I suspect a single 293 will not be enough. You can use the gates in parallel. Or you can get modules with much higher current capacity. If the switching is slow enough you could even use relays.

Another possibility is getting different motors with higher gear ratios. Slower speed == more torque. 

30kg is a relatively large load for home-brew robots. Using a Lipo battery instead of a lead acid might save 10kg.

You might want to investigate using power wheelchair drive mechanisms. Quite expensive.